Two Pack wrestlers Ranked #1 in their weight classes!

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Two Pack wrestlers Ranked #1 in their weight classes!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

My Wolfpack wrestling memory only really begins with Scott Turner’s 1989 run to the National Title (side note: he entered the tournament unranked), so this is one of the few instances I can recall such a thing happening for NC State wrestling. Check out the GoPack article here, and give congratulations to Kevin Jack for earning his #1 ranking according to FloWrestling. Intermat has Jack ranked #2 for contrast, but Gwiz is a clear-cut #1 in both polls. I can recall both Damion Caldwell and Ryan Goodman earning top-10 rankings a few years back, and Michael Stokes and Scott Turner both placed in 1989, but I cannot recall an instance of two Pack wrestlers being ranked #1 at the same time. Also, the squad currently sits 5th in the rankings, one spot behind Va Tech for best of an ACC school. For an extra bump, Coach Pop’s interview with FloWrestling is atop their website today. Here is the link.

44rules
    Participant

Appreciate these nonrevenue sports updates. Love to hear good news about all things Pack.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

StateFans
    Keymaster

There is NO DOUBT that Debbie Yow has orchestrated a renaissance for our non-revenue sports. It is so much fun to be good again in so many of our historical strengths.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Thanks Sacco. State won 4 matches at the Wolfpack Duals this weekend. Will Clark, the Pack’s freshman from Cary, went 3-1 (one was a forfeit), to go with a win against Sacred Heart in the Northeast Duals. A good start to his career. Too bad he’s in Jack’s weight class 😛

I’m looking forward to watching this team.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.