TV Listings for @ODU Game

Home Forums StateFans Football TV Listings for @ODU Game

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

There has been, at best, a smattering of talk re: TV for the ODU game this Saturday. Nonetheless, folks are likely to become more concerned as kickoff approaches.

FWIW, the ASN acronym stands for American Sports Network. Why you’d care about that I have no idea. The bottom line is that locally, the game is alleged to be available on local channel 28, WRDC-MyTV.

As an aside, remember when channel 28 was WPTF, and also the local NBC affiliate? And channel 17 was…well, nonexistant? I guess remembering that makes me old.

But I digress…

Full listings, coast to coast, as it were (so even if you’re in Wheeling or Bakersfield, ASN has you covered):

TV Listings: NC State at Old Dominion, 7pm EDT, Norfolk, VA

FWIW, next week’s at USA game is currently listed as ESPNN.

redisgood
    Participant

Iā€™m going to make the trip to Norfolk Saturday to watch the game. Iā€™m not familiar with the area or the stadium. Anyone have any tips re. parking, tailgating, etc?

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Thanks for posting that Wufpacker. It confirms what I discovered when I used the link to ASN that 4in12 posted on last week’s game thread. I entered my zip (an hour north of Tampa) and found they are not showing it in my area. I am Beeksed. Does anyone know where I may be able to find it on the web, perhaps?

BJD95
    Keymaster

This is like a trip in the way-back machine, when random games (including minor bowls) used to be syndicated over random independent UHF channels back in the early-mid 80s and such. At least I can remember watching Tol Avery fumble a bunch against South Carolina that way on a channel I think was in the 30s or 50s in CLT. Also a bunch of Bluebonnet Bowls.

YES, I am f-cking old too. Get off a mah lawn.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Does anyone know where I may be able to find it on the web, perhaps?

Very possible that some ‘less than legal’ streaming options will become available. If found, folks are usually pretty good about posting them here.

TheCOWDOG

FirstRowSports.eu.
    Be very carefull with navigation.

If carried, it should posted Sat.AM, no sooner.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Dog is correct. If you check the Website or the TWC Guide (Raleigh/Cary), they list a “Faith” program on Saturday evening and then Jane Seymour’s Skin Care Secrets…..then the “PAID” programs begin.

I personally am not inviting over the neighborhood NCSU crowd or renting extra grills.

I CERTAINLY hope that it IS televised….and that will be a mystery until closer.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ I think that’s Sat A.M. listings fwiw. Jane Seymour is still totally hot, btw…so that might be worth checking out regardless. College Game Day might have some competition this week. šŸ™‚

According to DirecTV listings, the game is preceded by “Kickin’ It: with Byron Allen”. My evening pregame plans may very well have just changed also, LMAO.

How many two bit late night (on most channels, but not 28 apparently) entertainment shows has Byron Allen tried to get airborne now?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Just saying…

Adventuroo
    Participant

Well, I MAY be getting OLD….and should have done a Screen Shot. BUT, now TWC and the WRDC Website have the game listed. When I checked it before, I was in the PM zone….which was a repeat of what was on in the AM.

I think the web Gods are messing with us….

SO, I will invite over the fans….and if JS is available (and my DW of almost 50 years approves) then she is welcome as well…

I DID save a screen shot this time….just in case it flips again….

Fastback68
    Participant

Mid week lady pics! I like it. Octoberfest Friday night. Smoked venison Saturday night. Panthers Sunday. State on channel 12 allegedly. I’ll believe it when I see it. Should be excellent weekend.

Solid Bond movie with a ridiculous subplot. Jane Seymore giving up virginity to Roger Moore. Yeah, I don’t think so.

Texpack
    Participant

BJD just brought back memories of the MIZLOU Network and the isolight replay. (My Dad said that was short for miserable and ludicrous)

I know everyone complains about the ACC’s TV deals, but at least your worst case scenario with games controlled by the ACC contract is ESPN3. We even have an ACC Network affiliate in H-Town now. I’m guessing I’ll go First Row Sports and spend three hours being offered the chance to do unspeakable things to women from around the world.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Thanks for this update…I would have never thought to look in the TV listings for a game against ODU. According to the on-line TV listings, I’ll get the game. It probably doesn’t hurt that I live in Central VA and about 200 miles from ODU.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^Medicine woman, keep em coming for the old timers..and youngsters who haven’t had the satisfaction of a middle aged woman

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Yep….it’s Raleigh TWC’s channel 12, not 28. GO PACK!

mturn017
    Participant

You can stream the game here for free (you can pay if you want to record). Also, available through ROKU apparently but I don’t know much about that. I watched several CUSA games last week on this site with no problems and it doesn’t give your pop up blocker a cardiac arrest like some other sites. I actually think it’s contracted from ASN and not pirated.

http://www.filmon.com/tv/filmon-usa-live-tv

That should take you directly to it but if you need to navigate….Red drop down box in top left corner that says “Live TV” -> “Free TV”. The channel is FOTV USA.

Enjoy! Go Monarchs!

44rules
    Participant

In Atlanta, it’s WATL. Its website shows it running Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy and Monopoly Millionaire.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

PackerInRussia
    Participant

^^ I checked their TV Guide and it will be showing on that channel. And it has an HD option. Not real HD quality, but tons better than First Row Sports. Thanks for the heads up. To record, you have to buy DVR space. It’s $5 for 3 hours and $10 for 10 hours. Probably not an issue for most people, though.

44rules
    Participant

Thanks, mturno17, and welcome to the board. Good luck in every game except Saturday night! šŸ™‚

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Mike
    Participant

My TV listing for TWC is showing that they are televising on cable channel 12 in the Raleigh market.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Mike,

Not to be argumentative. BUT, I think that you might mean Channel WRDCDT 10 (SD). Channel 12 does NOT have the ODU. It shows WGNA shows it is running “Blue Bloods”. WRDCDT, Channel 1215, is the HD version.

I DID check the numbers….not ONCE, but THRICE. And even the two Margarita’s that I had at dinner are providing verification.

I would recheck the guide.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

In RALEIGH, TWC pushes the game on Ch 12 (non HD) and ch 1215 (HD). Set either to record and it will record the HD version. This is a fact. I did a screen grab for the doubters but can’t figure out how to post it here.

Mike
    Participant

Thanks Roo – all I did was scroll to the Sat night listings and it showed on cable channel 12, whatever station that is. Just as channel 5 (WRAL) is shown on 3, whateever station that actually is is shown on 12.

I did not think to look at 1215 but good to know as I would prefer in HD. Had no idea that 12 would be SD.

saigonwolf
    Participant

For those of us in the Winston-Salem area, TWC has the game on channel 15 – WMYV MyTV 48. I’m about 10,000+ miles from W-S, but will be watching none-the-less.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Some of y’all could complicate a free hand job, I swear to Christ.
    smh

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.