Tropical Storm season is here!

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Tropical Storm season is here!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    YogiNC
    Participant

Two, count them TWO threats in the Atlantic. I remember a June hurricane named Agnes in 1972, nasty rain maker, messed up PA. Rode that one out in a van in the mountains of SC (Oconee State Park for stick, I’m sure he knows where that is). We had no idea it was coming and the tent was NOT hurricane worthy.

Smarter than the average bear

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

After Agnes … the ‘bacca fields around home stayed wet all summer…
    we worked barefooted every day… couldn’t handle wet shoes of any sort….

First week of August, the brown spot showed up…

Only time in my life I ever heard of folks pulling ‘bacca on Sundays….

We didn’t do that… but we did go down the row and pull 12-15 leaves off of every hill… leaving the stalks…
    Most all the ‘bacca was in the barn before we headed to State College at the end of August….

It wasn’t the best and it wasn’t the worst…
    but we “made a crop” that summer… albeit light and thin.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    highstick
    Participant

Two, count them TWO threats in the Atlantic. I remember a June hurricane named Agnes in 1972, nasty rain maker, messed up PA. Rode that one out in a van in the mountains of SC (Oconee State Park for stick, I’m sure he knows where that is). We had no idea it was coming and the tent was NOT hurricane worthy.

I think I must have been absorbed in finishing my final research and paper in my major that first session of summer school. And got married between the break between first and second session. I remember the name Agnes, but not details. Maybe she was another girl versus a hurricane???

I never have been to Oconee…too many people wearing Urange crap up there!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

TheCOWDOG

Missed ol’ Agnes in Raleigh by a couple of days while at Frosh orientation… Caught her drive-by when I got back to WNY.

The system that looks good off from Africa is about to get Sahara sand blown in its face.

Could be busy this year, but the peeps at NCSU say average. NOAA says, “Not so fast…”

rthomas44
    Participant

If you want the best outlook on the coming storms and hurricane season, Weatherbell is it.

ancsu87
    Participant

NW FL panhandle received 8-10″ rain from Monday to Thursday, 25-35 mph winds and huge surf and waves but we were not even in the warning zone. CoWorkers in SE Texas got Thu off to ride out the storm that brought them drizzle and a few fart like gusts …

Best thing was the slow storm sucked up so much moisture from Gulf it dropped the water temperature which is always a good thing.

Texpack
    Participant

We were lucky with TS Cindy and got about 2.2″ of badly needed rain. Most of Greater Houston got drenched yesterday and we got zero.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.