Tom Holliday heading to Auburn

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Tom Holliday heading to Auburn

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/auburnauthority/2014/06/13/report-nc-states-tom-holliday-hired-as-pitching-coach/10497255/

AUBURN — North Carolina State associate head coach and pitching coach Tom Holliday has been hired to the same position at Auburn, according to a report by the Herald-Standard.

An Auburn spokesman was unable to confirm the hire of Holliday, which was first mentioned by Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game USA on Monday. He would fill the void left by the departure of Scott Foxhall, who was not retained by coach Sunny Golloway last month after serving at the Tigers’ pitching coach for the past six seasons.

packpowerfan
    Participant

Well this is an interesting turn of events. Holliday has been the strongest link of this staff for a while now. Avent is going to be in hot water in a season or two.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I can’t (or don’t want to) imagine just how bad it’s gonna get.

Pack92
    Participant

I have SERIOUS doubts it will take “or two”. Holliday didn’t leave because the future is bright for the same position.

One year ago we were watching US at the CWS. One year.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Can’t blame him.

packpowerfan
    Participant

92, if we tread water this coming season, I could see him getting another year. Remember, losing Rodon won’t “hurt” if you look at this last season. Sure, he could hold a team to 2-3 runs…but we lose those anyway regardless of who is pitching. I’m obviously not saying losing the best pitcher in baseball won’t be a massive negative; but this past season was lost with or without him.

TheCOWDOG

Calling ‘Spo Jr…

packalum44
    Participant

Canary in a coal mine. About time. This was a no brainer for almost a decade but the timing wasn’t right for multiple reasons until now. I give him 0-1 years.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.