TOB working for ESPN!

Home Forums StateFans Football TOB working for ESPN!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Wufpacker
    Participant

Aaannnnddd….ACC Football fans (all six of them) just nodded off in their chairs.

Does this at least mean we’re not on the hook to pay his ass no mo’?????

Wufpacker
    Participant

BTW…wish we were playing FSU today.
    Go Bulls.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Auburn Trailing Jax St. 10-6…Jeremy Johnson is no Nick Marshall. Auburn appears to be highly over rated. On another note, THE athholes OSU have only one ranked team on their schedule.

tractor57
    Participant

I never though of TOB as a TV type. Maybe I was wrong in that. I have no issue with him now that he not our HC.

Greywolf
    Participant

O’Brien had a dry wit. Some of my favorite sound bites are TOB putting the needle to the Kerowhiners.

I read a lot of disrespect and dislike for TOB. IMO TOB was a good man who came to NC State a few years too late in his career.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Jax St. 20 Auburn 13…. 5 and a half minutes left…

TheCOWDOG

Like I said…Why so intimidated by Louisville?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Petrino probably already out cruising hookers, so it’s all good.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

still shaking my head over the 17 yd punt by Jax St…..what does fumbduck mean?

SaccoV
    Participant

Greywolf, I still laugh when I think of the Triple Play line he fired back to Withers in regards to the Asterisk as the ‘flagship’ of the university system. Good for the old Leatherneck! Also, The 2-star steakhouse crack in the Twitter post was beautiful!

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

FYI – Withers is now the head coach at James Madison…

Saw an interview with him last week where he was espousing the “high expectations” he and his staff held for their players.

I got a big chuckle out of that….

Adventuroo
    Participant

WufPacker, et. al.

If you recall, Debbie Yow (Who was widely criticized for how she “deals” with things) craftily negotiated a “NO $$’s & you can go to work for UVA” deal with TOB. We did NOT pay him ONE red centalvo in “severance”. We paid him for “Services Rendered” for the season….plus his earned bonuses (and that is fair)….but Debbie done traded his future salary for the opportunity to ply his trade with the mightly Wahoos……How’d THAT work out.

I have the utmost respect, as I suspect MANY do, for TOB, the man, the Marine, etc. TOB also did a good job at BC, especially with the QB and Line(s). BUT, he his personality and demeanor and approach were not exactly suited here.

We did OK, for a while, with TOB….and he obviously had very few, if any disciplaniary problems…..SOMETHING we should be proud of and a tradition that Coach Doeren will keep. TOB just never “Grew on us”.

He will be interesting as a side line commentator….probably well versed and does have a dry (subtle) sense of humor. Will he be more popular than some of the “Pants Suits” on the sideline…..don’t know.

BUT, I do wish him well…..

44rules
    Participant

I have fond memories of a lot of TOB things, but for many reasons, he was past his prime by the end of his tenure at State. If he somehow could have drawn in younger blood that could feast on the recruiting trail, well, maybe things could be different.

In a pipe dream world, I always imagined the ideal would have been TOB as a coach/administrator/set the tone of the program type, with Chuck the Chest as the rah-rah cheerleader/dreamer/recruit the Wolves type.

I wish both well. I read somewhere (maybe here) that Chuck was an assistant at Akron. The irony abounds.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.