TJ Warren's "streaks"

Home Forums All StateFansNation TJ Warren's "streaks"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wilmwolf80
    Participant

Watching TJ’s wonderful season, the thing that stands out the most to me are the little “runs” that TJ goes on sometimes during games. He has these brilliant stretches where it is almost like he is playing 1 on 5. He’ll score in transition, get a quick steal, score again, next thing you know, he’s put up four, five, six points all by himself. So many times this year, the scoreboard has shown him with 12 or 13 points, and then the next thing you know, it’s 20, and you feel like you just blinked. He makes it look so easy, that sometimes you don’t even really appreciate how hard he is working. I, for one, feel very fortunate to be able to witness it.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Couldn’t agree more with you. He ABSOLUTELY makes it look easy. And, he gets points even when you don’t realize it. It is silent…until it isn’t.

YogiNC
    Participant

Was thinking when he was putting up those 40+ games that everyone on the team must be wearing 24. It sure seemed that way.

Smarter than the average bear

YogiNC
    Participant

Oh yeah one other thing. Granted he played more games than Thompson did but breaking that single season record is BIG no matter how you look at it!

Smarter than the average bear

pakfanistan
    Participant

Speaking of streaks, Lewis is crushing Lowe’s career A/T ratio, this year. Sid was 2.94, Lewis is currently at 4.2 for the season, and 3.34 for his career.

Of course, Lowe had 762 assists, to Lewis’s current 177. But still.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

He makes it look so easy, that sometimes you don’t even really appreciate how hard he is working.

^There was a tweet last night from that pretentious blowhard DeCourcy that made it clear he had watched exactly 0 of our/Warren’s games this season.

(Paraphrasing) He said Xavier was not playing any D and not making TJ ‘work’. For shame. That’s all the kid does. His motor is always going and he puts himself in the best possible position ALL THE TIME on offense *and* defense (2 steals a game – hello?). Too bad he doesn’t always get credit for it, moreover his hapless opponents get ripped for not “working hard enough”.

DeCourcy’s (and I’m sure many other journalist ‘experts’) logic is that Warren is primary focus of opposing defenses, yet when Warren takes over it’s because those defenses just “didn’t work hard enough”. Some people. I just …

How ’bout just giving the kid credit for the special talent that he is? If his name was Harrison Barnes and he wore blue every expert journalist out there would be on their knees. Warren gets a lot of love – don’t get me wrong. I just don’t understand where ‘logic’ like this comes from …

pakfanistan
    Participant

If his name was Harrison Barnes and he wore blue every expert journalist out there would be on their knees. Warren gets a lot of love – don’t get me wrong.

Warren’s sophomore numbers are better than Barnes’ in every single statistic I cared to look at. Points, PP40, rebounds, O&D rebounding percentages, assists, steals, etc.

It’s pretty incredible.

I have a theory that the reason TJ doesn’t get as much recognition, is because he doesn’t LOOK like a superstar. Nothing he does in a game is dramatic. I almost think that when people watch him, it doesn’t look like he’s working hard to score, and therefore they assume he’s not phenomenal.

It’s kinda like we notice every game. One second he as 4 points, and the next he was 24, but you really don’t remember how he did it. He gets his points freakishly quietly. So, I think when people tune in to a game for 10 minutes, they may not see something amazing and acrobatic, it’ll just be a boring 10 minute stretch where TJ scores 15 and grabs four rebounds.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

it doesn’t look like he’s working hard to score …

^I think this has a ton to do with it. A shame. Journalists are never lazy though, nor do they ever go for the easy story-line 🙂

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^ Yep… Kenny Carr… was another one of those… looked like he was half asleep most of the time he was running the floor… you kinda wanted to say “Hey KC — over here” — except when the ball was in his hands… and then… everybody knew what was going to happen next, regardless of any defense short of a 4-3-4…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tractor57
    Participant

Bill I was thinking the same thing after watching TJ last night. I might have to amend my vote for KC as the best since DT.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.