TJ Warren Enters NBA Draft

Home Forums StateFans Basketball TJ Warren Enters NBA Draft

• This topic has 32 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Rick.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

The should surprise virtually no one (other than a few delusional State fans).

JohnGalt78
    Participant

TJ, thanks for some good times. Good luck out there in the real world. I’m sure you will do quite well.

Wulfpack
    Participant

NBAdraft.net and Draftexpress.com project Warren to be a top 20 pick in the first round of the June draft.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/24/4790507/nc-states-warren-to-enter-nba.html#.UzCFK-29LCQ#storylink=cpy

pakfanistan
    Participant

Or is he……

Wulfpack
    Participant

Stonewalling until the presser. Everyone reporting the decision was made yesterday with his family.

HeyImTwisted
    Participant

I wish he would stay. Wont happen, but i can dream right?

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

tractor57
    Participant

At the very least with the money involved he should make himself available. I would not sign a contract with an agent until I had a clearer view of the likely draft status. If he goes (which seems likely) all is well and good. If he stays for another year all is well and good. In the end I want him to make the decision that is right for him. If that means we get to see him in a Pack uni for another year I’m very happy. If it means he steps to the league I’m also happy.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Look at this way…..TJ was family insight into this process and also what to expect.

If he and his family, who is well acquainted with the NBA said GO FOR IT….then I would also expect that Coach Gottfried was asked for a “professional” opinion.

Would NOT surprise me if Coach Lowe was also involved to give some insight as he has the most knowledge.

TJ was a great asset to the team. Wish him the very best in the future and have NO hard feelings or animosity to him.

He peaked at the right time and we, the WP, are the beneficiaries of his learning process.

GO TJ and GO PACK.

TheCOWDOG

Actually, I’d be quite surprised if Sid was brought into the equation, Roo.

Daddio has had the feel from day one, and quite frankly, I don’t think Gottfried’s opinion was measured either.

He’s an instant 6th -7th man to a good club, with a contract that’s in granite.

One more year at State could have never gained him more than that.

I wonder when Paige comes out. He’s lottery type IMO .

packbackr04
    Participant

Agree, Paige is def lottery material

Wulfpack
    Participant

I’m guessing Paige returns.

packalum44
    Participant

So if TJ returns we might make the Sweet 16 where we’ll lose to Dayton, Wichita, Michigan, Florida, Arizona, UNC, Duke, or if God is in a humorous mood, Arizona State.

More likely TJ leaves and the fan-base rests easy b/c we’ll be a bubble team. Therefore you are required to be happy we made the dance playing so many sophomores.

packalum44
    Participant

Anyone ever stop to think what last season would be like if Purvis stuck around? He’s far superior to his replacement, Dez Lee. Better defender, scorer, shooter. I mean, we would have still sucked…but just saying…losing transfers hurts.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

Sorry, I’ll take Des Lee’s positive attitude and passion over Purvis’ “skills” any day of the week.

tractor57
    Participant

“Anyone ever stop to think what last season would be like if Purvis stuck around? He’s far superior to his replacement, Dez Lee. Better defender, scorer, shooter. I mean, we would have still sucked…but just saying…losing transfers hurts. ”

Yes a hot mess like his one and only season.

Mike
    Participant

Watch Dez next year – I think he will be tough. The year from JUCO to D-1 is always an adjustment, but he will be a 4th year player, senior leader, and will have made the adjustment to know what works and what does not.

He showed big improvement over the course of the year and I love his attitude. He will play tough D and I expect will surprise a lot of people next year.

Tau837
    Participant

I wonder when Paige comes out. He’s lottery type IMO .

Respectfully disagree. There aren’t many 165 pound combo guards taken in the lottery. Can anyone name the last one? IMO it is a stretch to believe Paige will ever be an impact player in the NBA.

Tau837
    Participant

Anyone ever stop to think what last season would be like if Purvis stuck around? He’s far superior to his replacement, Dez Lee. Better defender, scorer, shooter. I mean, we would have still sucked…but just saying…losing transfers hurts.

Better defender? LOL.

You also completely ignore the cancer factor, which dwarfs the rest.

Ransompack
    Participant

Paige will go – common sense has nothing to do with it. McAdoo will stay. He put the M in mediocrity.

TJ couldn’t get calls in his own house – no way he’s going to stay. Got to wish him all the luck. He’s a beast.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Paige just announced he is returning. No surprise there. Not ready yet.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

If Steve Friggin Blake can make an NBA team, then Paige should have no problem. Fact is, Chapel Hill pays better than the D-league, so it makes the choice easy for their guys.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He is announcing his decision Tuesday:

The feedback from the NBA and the agents Warren and his family have met with in the past two weeks has all been positive, his father said Thursday, but an announcement from Warren will probably wait until Tuesday.

The reason for the delay?

“It’s T.J.’s decision and I want to make sure he’s 100 percent,” his father, Tony Warren said Thursday. “Not 80 percent, not 90 and not 99.9 but 100 percent.”

http://m.newsobserver.com/?cu=spreed%3A%2F16902170%2F31091497

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Thanks for the update. I keep thinking that somehow I missed the announcement.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.