THE Coconut Cake recipeThread

Home Forums All StateFansNation THE Coconut Cake recipeThread

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

Yeah !!! My mom ask me how the cake turned out Rick !! Glad it was a hit. It always is with my family !! Yogi, is correct, a good cake takes a lot of effort and time. Gotta roll up dem sleeves, sift some flour, break some eggs, crack and shred the coconut and stir the pot just to get the frame work. That’s why its not just a cake, its a “special” occasion cake. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Go Pack !! I’ll be listening to game as we travel for belated Christmas get together at my daughters in Happy Valley. My son in-law is a State grad…..Penn St that is. They always love it when we bring food contraband across the Mason Dixon. This trip is country ham, grits, sweet tea and Aviator/Southern Pines brewery beers.

Rick
    Keymaster

Bass,
    Tell your mother thank you. My wife has decided she wants that cake for her birthday. Sigh. I don’t know what I got myself into 😉

YogiNC
    Participant

Rick, that happened with my pecan pies and a chocolate marble cheesecake many moons ago. As we used to say in the Navy, performance is it’s own penalty.

Smarter than the average bear

BassPacker
    Participant

My mom had big smile Rick when I told her of your success. She said you should be proud as that cake is a level 10 on expertise and dedication, lol. Any pictures of the masterpiece?

Rick
    Keymaster

Bass,
    I have a picture but it was not a particularly pretty cake. Delicious but not pretty.

YogiNC
    Participant

Rick, that thing takes practice to know how to make it look pretty. Have no fear, my grandma put more than one toothpick in hers to make it “behave”. The layers tend to be a bit slippery with that icing. The toothpicks will hold them in place until the icing is finished, you can remove them if you left enough of them exposed or leave them in.

Smarter than the average bear

Rick
    Keymaster

I will post a picture. Any idea how I do that?

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.