The Big Four… tonight..

Home Forums StateFans Basketball The Big Four… tonight..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok… so we GOTT the week off to recover from that last disaster…

In the meantime…
    Tonight…

first…..we find the Twerps making their final trip to the Hole… under the ACC flag…

Now I know there’s no love lost for either team… but I’m going to kick off the conversation by saying
    “here’s hoping the Holes can show the Twerps the same respect we did last time the Twerps were in West Rawlee… ”

second… we have our beloved Demon Deacs… headed to Cameron…
    On paper… not a lot to talk about… Dook should win by twenty at home.

But this one could be interesting…. depending on how Duke recovers from their Northern adventure… and Wake has shown it can play excellent ball when it wants to against top level opponents. Deacs shouldn’t have any problems putting Dook in that category.

Anyway… both games should be better than those 90210 reruns the kid wants to watch….
    —————–

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Now I know there’s no love lost for either team… but I’m going to kick off the conversation by saying
    “here’s hoping the Holes can show the Twerps the same respect we did last time the Twerps were in West Rawlee… ”

So far so good then. Heels taking the twerps behind the baby blue woodshed so far.

I have such mixed emotions about that.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… So far game one looks like a battle of who wants to lose the most. The biggest surprise might be the number of empty seats in the lower level of the DD … did it snow in again in the Piedmont today ??…

We might need to add Pitt – Miami to tonight’s rotation if somebody doesn’t start playing with some fire. These guys are putting me to sleep.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wake hanging tough so far. Looks like they came to play.

I’d pay good money to see Devon Thomas lay Amile Jefferson out.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Yep… Thomas and the Deacs will have removed all the shine from that blue paint under the baskets if they keep this up….

Where is the Dook help D in the paint…??

…and every time I hear that other guy’ name mentioned… I can’t help but remember how his father told him to break his promise on the morning of committment day…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Twerps sneak back to within six with eight to go after being down 17 in the first…
    Homecourt crowd not a factor….
    Uncle Roy is shaking his head….

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wake starting to fade.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Deacs led 28-26 with seven minutes left in the half…
    Dook closes with a 20 – 5 run…. to lead 46-33.

Talent differences notwithstanding…. that’s how you win 900 plus games….

Coach Rat said the last two minutes and the first two minutes of each half
    were the most important times of the game… win those segments… win the game.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Holes somehow manage to snatch victory from the jaws of the Twerps and send them and Coach Turgeon back to College Park losers….
    Twerps still got to make one more trip down Tobacco Road (thru Cameron ) before heading out to the Praire Leaque (and sports oblivion ) ….

Wulfpack
    Participant

Clemson now 6-3. Not bad.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Deacs ran out gas in a major way.
    They’ll be lucky to keep this one within 30 at this point.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^final score in Death Valley…. 45-41…
    Neither Clempson or the Yellow Jackets could outscore their respective football teams…
    but on the other both play better defense… go figure….

highstick
    Participant

Good analogy, Bill…about the D!!! or lack thereof! My new favorite country song is “Stripes” with the tag line, “I hate Orange, and I don’t look good in stripes”! I can “lay the hate” on a bunch of Urange teams and the refs in one country song!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Yep… the best thing about this thread is you can complain about the coaches, the players, the refs…. all you want and all at the same time and nobody will get pissed off at you…and call you names….

And after all the mega-excitement of today’s football signings… we all need a relaxing evening.

Tonite’s no show appears to be Boston College…

Pitt and Miami seems headed towards a decent game…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

HOO’s go to EIGHT & One and second in the conference.. go figure… Bennett can coach.period.

Pitt outlasts the ‘Canes in OT… ‘Canes couldn’t stop Patterson in the second half… but we couldn’t either so that’s that…

For the night cap… we have the Noles v. the Hokies… rumors abound that J.Winston and Logan Thomas will be in uniform, respectively…..

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

correction… that’s NINE and one, not eight and one for the WaHoos….

anyway… in the nightcap…Noles smother the Hokies down in Tally…

After watching some parts of all three games tonight….
    I wonder if if this is how our games appear to the rest of the country ??

I hope not….
    1. Crowd wise…. our worst nights at the RBC would set records at the U…
    2. W-L records aside…It’s been years since we’ve had as “boring a team” as UVA…. 9-1 and they can’t fill their gym either.
    3. Florida State is a real football school…. the legacies of Hugh Durham, Tully gym and the Big South Conference live on south of Tennessee and west of Monroe Avenues. In spite of that conference championship a couple years ago, Hamilton has an awful long row to hoe.

Yep… I’m just glad we are NC State.
    goodnight gents…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.