The 2014-15 Carolina Hurricanes Thread

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports The 2014-15 Carolina Hurricanes Thread

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WV Wolf
    Keymaster

I gotta admit, after the lockout and 5 years out of the playoffs my interest in the Carolina Hurricanes isn’t quite what it used to be and so far this season isn’t looking like it will change that.

Pros: new GM, new coach, chance at a top draft pick
    Cons: Jordan Staal’s broken leg, off-season acquisitions were a couple of 4th liners and round 2 of Tim Gleason, Cam Ward’s $6.7 million contract still on the roster, Staal the elder had surgery in the offseason, Skinner gets his bell rung again in the final preseason game, sideline reporter Chantel McCabe got a DWI on Glenwood Ave Sat night, etc, etc

Boychuk (the ultimate s**t or get off the pot player) and LaRose got sent down to Charlotte today, leaving the roster at 22 including 8 d-men and no extra forwards.

F: Dwyer, Gerbe, Lindholm, Malone, McClement, Nash, Rask, Semin, Skinner, E.Staal, Terry, Tlusty
    D: Bellemore, Faulk, Gleason, Hainsey, Harrison, Liles, Murphy, Sekera
    G: Khudobin, Ward

Anybody have any reasons why this season won’t be a complete trainwreck?

Greywolf
    Participant

Please don’t mention Cam Ward’s salary again. Jim Rutherford’s legacy?

8 Dmen? Aside from Sekera and Faulk no one else is distinguishing themselves as either good enough to keep or bad enough to send down.

My wife has season tickets. Since I have a handicap Parking pass and can park next to the building, she takes me with her. I’m hoping some of her friends want to go this year.

Greywolf
    Participant

Here’s an idea: trade E.Staal, Semin and Ward for 4 top line defensemen. Bring back Torchensky, McGinn and the best young keeper we got to replace E.Staal, Semin and Ward. Put Khudobin in the net and see if we can win some games 1-0 or 2-1. Never happen but…

Mike
    Participant

I have grown to really enjoy hockey. I think I understand the game and the nuances well enough to be more than the casual fan.

No, I do not expect any significant improvement. I see another battle just to remain competitive and to fight to stay out of the cellar. having said that, I will go to my share of games (5-8 probably) when it fits the schedule and I can score some ticket deals. I go for the entertainment and for the hopes we can put on a good showing, but I dont expect to be buying playoff tickets this year.

I also rebuilding is a process and takes several years, but golly gee, we have been rebuilding for several years and WVWolf points out, not a lot of fruit to show for it.

redisgood
    Participant

I was born in Canada and grew up there living and breathing hockey, both as a player and a fan. Even I cannot get excited about the product the Hurricanes are offering us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.