T.J. Warren starting to earn more playing time

Home Forums StateFans Basketball T.J. Warren starting to earn more playing time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JeremyH
    Participant
    redisgood
    Participant

He’s doing well with those minutes. Against the Cavaliers he came in at the start of the 4th qtr., and the Suns were losing by 26. In the 4th quarter, TJ had 8 points, 5 rebounds, a steal and a block. The Suns ended up losing by 10.

JeremyH
    Participant

He apparently did some good things against the Warriors, movement without the ball and what not.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Love Buckets. I’m a Kobe/Laker fan, so I don’t know what I’m gonna do once KB24 retires. With Bledsoe, the Morris twins, and Buckets, the Suns may have to be my alternate team to root for.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Thanks for posting that. I’ve been keeping an eye on TJ and have been meaning to get something up. He bounced back and forth between the Suns and the D-League to keep him active and get playing time. Typically he’d light up the D League games. I watched a game live on YouTube (excellent quality feed BTW) and he just made it look easy. I’m glad to see him contributing on the big stage.

And in other good WolfPacker news, Lorenzo Brown got signed to a contract with the T-Wolves, through the end of the season. Not huge at $283k, but ~$220k more than he was making. He’s backing up Rubio, so he’ll probably sit a lot, but at least he’s there.

JeremyH
    Participant

Cool. I bet Brown is better on defense than Rubio. : )

redisgood
    Participant

Looks like Lorenzo Brown is getting a 10 day contract with Phoenix, and will be re-united with TJ. I hope he sticks. Would love to see them playing together again.

StateRed44
    Participant

somewhat surprising Leslie could never stick…guess the combo of funky shot and poor attitude was too much. He sure was an athlete at his size and seemed for a while to be a sure fire NBA player.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Lo has had some very nice games for the Drive in the D. IMO TJ has been under used for the Suns. He leads the team in FGP and is second in PPG.

Wulfpack
    Participant

somewhat surprising Leslie could never stickā€¦

Not at all surprising to me. He did nothing really well. Was a stick – NBA guys are BIG and strong. You are right, terrible attitude. Can’t tell you how many times I remember him sulking when he got beat.

Buckets is doing well in Phoenix. He’s going to stick in the league. Happy for him.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bad news. Warren is out the rest of the season with a broken foot. Bad break (no pun intended).

MrPlywood
    Participant

That sux, right after Hornacek got canned. I have no insight to the situation other than gut feeling, but I don’t think coach liked TJ. No other explanation for not giving him more time.

Hope TJ heals well. I’m assuming it’s stress fracture(s). I’ve dealt with those, and after a long period of failed healing my doctor (and friend) finally said to me “it doesn’t matter how it happened, they’re BROKEN BONES!” Ha. So into the Aircast walking boot I went.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.