Swoffy Cabal Update

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Swoffy Cabal Update

Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

All – we don’t in any way want to take focus away from Buckets, BSW, Hipster Cat, and crew. But these two developments simply must be pointed out:

1) http://www.wralsportsfan.com/commish-changes-burnish-acc-s-reputation/13475377/

He looked ahead to a probable Duke-Syracuse rematch in the ACC Tournament semifinals, noting that the teams’ two meetings during the regular season were the two top-rated college basketball games on ESPN. Duke played in four of the top five rated games and an ACC team was involved in eight of the top 10.

“You want to see that kind of numbers from a television standpoint. It really says a lot about the national interest in this league,” Swofford said. “We are fortunate to have a lot of terrific programs with great tradition and history.”

Swoffy is already excited about SyraDuke on Saturday. Think about the message that sends to fans of NC State and Clemson. Seriously. I’m sure his minions have received his message loud and clear.

2) Swoffy hisself appeared on the Hole radio network’s pre-game coverage today. So much for even the APPEARANCE of impartial leadership.

Simply put, NC State MUST corral the rest of the league in an effort to make sure the next commish has ZERO Blue ties. This situation is ridiculous and gets more so by the hour.

Wufpacker
    Participant

What??? You mean SyraDuke I and II outdrew the Duke/UNC biannuals?

But, but…we’ve been led to believe that everyone on the planet cares about those games.

redcanine
    Participant

I’m glad Swoffy’s aware that the whole country witnessed Boeheim’s late game meltdown. Must see TV right there.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

You guys do know that if State and Clemson just play perfect games (zero missed shots, zero missed FT’s, zero turnovers) then they will have every chance to win.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

SyraDuke

DENIED.

En route to Denny’s.

SqlWolf
    Participant

SyraDuke

DENIED.

En route to Denny’s.

I’m lovin’ the Denny’s reference. Swoff will have to remind his showgirls who’s the boss.

Rick
    Keymaster

Anyone see the crap call against Clemson? Or the lack of one?
    Same play on both ends, Duke gets the call, Clemson does not.

The ACC has become a more predictable than the WWE

Wulfpack
    Participant

We probably should have been playing Clemson today. And that would have given us a much better chance at meeting UVA in the finals. Crazy stuff. Don’t know how they missed that one. The explanation is sorry as well.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Beating Clemson today would have done nothing for our NCAAT at-large chances, State would still have to beat UVA for the marquee win and then it would be a moot point since we’d have won the auto-bid.

State played great today, good enough to win. The problem was Duke played one of their best games of the year too and their best is better than State’s best.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I fully understand all of that. But it would have likely extended our season and given us a chance to play for it all. Who knows what would have went down. I knew when Duke escaped last night our chances were slim. They’re good, and they showed it today.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

If the opponent was Pitt and not UVA then I’d agree with you because the chances of winning it all would be better than beating Duke but knowing State would be playing 4-in-4 against UVA the best chance was against Duke.

WTNY
    Participant

27 Years and counting ….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.