Sweet Sixteen Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Sweet Sixteen Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I am excited for the games, and also a little sad. This is a mini-version of the death I have inside after the NFL conference title games. No more orgies of great TV viewing after this 4-day period. It’s a long damned time with the watered-down methadone of baseball until September rolls around. Like the Super Bowl, 4 hours of Final Four games just isn’t enough to carry a weekend.

The TV gods do a good tonight, putting the interesting games (Fightin’ Archies vs. Stanford, the boring vs. exciting/recklessness contrast of Wisconsin/Baylor) in the early window, with a nice staggering of tip times. The two worst games of the weekend (UCLA’s turn to be Gator bait, San Diego State getting left in the elder Miller’s dust) are in the late window before a workday, allowing one to fall asleep in the recliner with minimal regret.

I am rooting for Dayton, Baylor, UCLA, and SDSU, but I expect that only Baylor will prevail (though the Archies have a legitimate shot).

Friday analysis tomorrow and shit, when I get to talk about the Shadow Pack yet again.

Per my usual modus operandi, here’s a musical selection you won’t like (but with a very attractive Scandanavian to make up for the loss of Kristine):

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… the SEVEN DAYS of mourning are over…
    Time for some basketball…

1. GOTT to Go with the team in Red & White…
    Starting with da Flyers… and ARCHIE!

2. Hoping Da’ Ville and Kentucky beat the Sh#t out of each other….
    (arrest warrants and hospitalization not required )
    … and when the last whistle blows…
    the Cardinals GOTT a one point win in double OT.

3. And I GOTT no problem with the ‘Hoos winning it all.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m rooting for Kentucky to win it all (once the Archies are out). It will piss people off and make me chuckle. Plus Shadow Pack!!

TheCOWDOG

I refer to Daytona’s 500 as the Fightin’ Don Mays.

However, the sentiments are the same.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Can’t wait for the monster match ups tomorrow night. UVA/MSU and Lville/UK.

I will never pull for Cal or UK to win anything. Hate them both.

redcanine
    Participant

“The Cardinal”. I’ve always hated that mascot. Gotta remember… it’s singular. No “s”! Pompous jerks.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Not the bird, just the color. Like the Orange.

redcanine
    Participant

^LOL, thanks!

That was a perfect explanation. However, I’ve been aware of that fact for a few decades… but I still have to say it twice to get it right. Must be early onset dementia that’s effing around with me.

Gowolves
    Participant

Wonder if Archie has a buyout clause in his new extension with the lone exception being the Pack? Not that I don’t like MG just curious.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Put it this way…if he doesn’t, then we know he didn’t want to come back here. Arch certainly has the savvy and the leverage to ask and get one.

His boys are playing their asses off tonight, not that you’d know it by Arch’s pokerface.

Grant Hill is the worst actor in the history of ever. I am more tired of him than the other annoying ads combined.

TheCOWDOG

Oh…A Don May sighting!

Who’s this Archie guy?

Gowolves
    Participant

So true with the Hill comments. Archie was born for this! A former Pack player taking to the former Dukie player. I know it means nothing but damnit as a Pack fan I find enjoyment wherever it is!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Wiscy beating up Baylor pretty good.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I expected that to be a really interesting game, but it’s been a complete abortion so far.

Too bad the Fightin’ Archies are in FL’s bracket.

TheCOWDOG

The Fightin’ Don Mays.

🙂

BJD95
    Keymaster

There ya go, Dog! At least our pal Lenny Elmore gets it LOL.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Elmore has been doing excellent analysis all tourney long, and especially tonight. Too bad this is almost certainly the last competitive contest he will call this season. Nothing left but Gator bait in Memphis.

TheCOWDOG

Yep on Elmore…He was always more gracious than Walton…Over State beatdowns, that is.

He did, however, fail to mention Don May as a Unx NCAA killer in the same breath. I’ll remind him.

Gowolves
    Participant

Wonder if it chirps the UNC ass that the Queer twins are still playing

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I wonder where Uncle Roy’s favorite son LDII and his mom are playing this season…

I also wonder…
    if it’s OK for a NCState Fan to pull for the Bruins against the GatorHoles…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Gowolves
    Participant

I wonder if the younger fans on this sight truly understand what an accomplishment it is to get this far(sweet 16). Think about it. You are one of 16 teams and if you are fortunate one of eight that can win this thing.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Sean needs to fix his tie.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

NoNoNo

Pretty good games shaping up late night …

NokePackFan
    Participant

How bout our boy josh Davis for SDSU. Wish he would have stayed in the red & white but nice to see him have success. Particular for someone not heavily recruited out of HS.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Josh Davis (yes, that Josh Davis) has been amazing tonight … even when he’s not rebounding the ball, he’s working so hard that he’s drawing fouls on guys attempting to box him out.

Edit: NolePack beat me to it …

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.