(Still) doing things the Carolina Way

Home Forums All StateFansNation (Still) doing things the Carolina Way

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

UNC announced today that football coach Dan Disch, who was listed as the assistant defensive coordinator and also coached cornerbacks, was fired. Interesting that it the firing was announced the day after signing day. Even WRAL5 questioned the timing as being questionable so they ask some of the players who signed LOI yesterday like Mike Hughes. He said he was not aware of the firing nor was he told of it. You can bet it would have effected committments yesterday if it had been announced before. The Carolina Way still lives. What makes this even more shady is how Coach Fedora had a press conference last nite as signing day close saying how every school who recruited those who signed couldn’t do anything but bad mouth the Carolina Program instead of hype theirs. Man can the pot call the kettle black on the hill. Hope more of the media jumps on this bullshet timing of firing the one coach who even Coach Hat said was his primary in state recruiter. Cheaters never learn. Hope it bites Fedora.

SaccoV
    Participant

BassPacker, I heard about this after I had listened to THREE interviews over local media (Triangle and Charlotte radio) about how The Asterisk was having so much negative recruiting. The only plausible explanation for firing Disch is that Chizik wanted to be the head recruiter or wanted his own head recruiter for when the Hat is out. I feel sorry AGAIN for all those kids who still believe the Tao of the Asterisk (my new euphemism for the Carolina Way).

BassPacker
    Participant

The big asterisk should be the timing of the firing aka the Carolina Way. Disch was Fedoras head recruiter who gets credit for the incoming 2015 class like Mike Hughes. Disch was fired the day after all signing letters were on file, planned of course. If he was fired the day of or before signing day, you can almost bet your last red bull most of the in state recruits would have de-committed. I hope this bites Hat Cheats arse. You probably right Chizik wants is own recruiter because Fedora hiring Chizik is gonna bite him specially if they show a big improvement in defense while overall fail. Then the Hat will have officially hired his own replacement…just was a dumb hire in more ways than one….can’t wait to see how this plays out for the Cheats.

ncsu1987
    Participant

It’s just another example of the deflection playbook that characterizes almost everything at the cesspool. This was planned and choreographed. Fedora stands up and shouts “everybody’s being mean to me, waaaah, waaah.” This is nothing more than his simplified version of “Look! Look over here!” while pulling this other crap. Gives the media a tasty little sound bite, then hopes they’ll ignore the figurative crapping all over the recruits.

The reason they keep going back to this playbook is because it works.

Until somebody has the stones to hold them accountable, expect it every time.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^He encapsulates their ‘Way’ so well – lie, deceive, manipulate, obfuscate.

Meanwhile, others telling the truth and being factual is parroted as “negative recruiting”. BS unchecked.

The comeuppance cannot come soon enough.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Let’s see, The Hat is whining about the mean things others are saying about the place that pays him…mainly that he is lying to the kids he’s trying to hoodwink when in fact, the “others” are speaking the truth about him being a liar, as proven by the timed firing of the head recruiter over there at that place. This is a giant “I told you so” moment for all the schools that recruited the unfortunate kids who bought the lies of the Hat. Lying is so complex and difficult to maintain if doing it properly. Those idiots over there think they are good at it. Come on you High School ballers…wake up. You have been warned.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Looks like uCLA is following the Hat’s formula with the recruiting of Roquan Smith… by not telling the kid that a coach was leaving.

UGASports.com: The news came out about UCLA later on in the day last Wednesday. Obviously, now, Coach Jeff Ulbrich has made his move to the Atlanta Falcons. How does that shape things? Coach Harold mentioned in the AJC that he was not very happy with how they handled that situation, but how do you feel about how they handled it?”

Smith: “Otherwise, it’s a great school and all of this and that, but Coach Ulbrich did say that Coach Dan Quinn (of the Atlanta Falcons) had called him the night before, but he had declined the job offer. I felt like Coach (Jim) Mora should have hit me up and said there’s potential that Coach Ulbrich may be leaving. Then, they tried to get me to go ahead and send the papers in, but I wasn’t doing it. They tried to get me to send them in at 8 in the morning. Doing a lot of research, which I should have done earlier in the process and thank goodness I had more time, they don’t even have my major. I was going to major in business, and the only way to get into business school out there is to be in graduate school.”

https://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1736063
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/12320035/roquan-smith-chooses-georgia-bulldogs-ucla-bruins

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.