Steve Masiello should have waited to apply for the Chapel Hill job

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Steve Masiello should have waited to apply for the Chapel Hill job

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Or, he could apply to be an assistant there now should there be an opening. He’d fit right in!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10675532/south-florida-bulls-kill-coaching-deal-steve-masiello-lying-resume

Welcomed back at Manhattan? Doubtful.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I’m sure he lied to Manhattan, too. A lot like the O’Leary situation at Notre Dame.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

What is this guy thinking; this won’t be discovered? It is so easy to complete a degree these days with on-line classes that this is inexcusable. I guess you get away with it for a few years and you sort of forget about it. Like George Costanza said, “it’s not a lie if you believe it is true”.
    All that being said, I wouldn’t let something like this keep me from hiring the guy at a low-mid tier program. UNCW, App St, etc. should be happy to have him (if they don’t have a min. bachelor type qualification) if Manhattan doesn’t want him back. Just like O’Leary, he’ll get another job.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

Tell the same lie often enough, and you start to believe. See also: UNC-CH.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^^Agree that he’ll get another job; if he’s not welcomed back at Manhattan, he may get an immediate look at a low-major school.

How many years has he costed himself at getting a ‘high-major’ job though – that is, if the opportunity presents itself again? Ouch …

Texpack
    Participant

He learned from Pitino so the lie only lasted about 10-15 seconds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.