State/BC "For Historic Futility" Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball State/BC "For Historic Futility" Game Thread

Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Packzingo
    Participant

Absolutely Wood, take the win anyway possible.

BassPacker
    Participant

Sweet !!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Yo Bill, did you see that Cary came back from 19 down in the 3rd Q to beat N Hanover in OT? Goin’ all the way baby!

Packzingo
    Participant

WOW, awesome. For Cary

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ply…

I told ya’ll Hanover had a killer defense…
    #1 Seeded Imps has 28 points in three quarters…

then the Baby Blue Zebras sent Hanover’s two best players to the bench with less than 5min to go…

it still took a last second rebound putback by the Imps to put the game into overtime….

you know, it’s also impossible to win an overtime game on the road, especially when you’re down two players…
    so yes, it was a helluva ballgame…

as I understand it… some of the Imps fans need a little etiquette… there parents must be Syracuse fans….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Haha, I can’t comment on the fans since I wasn’t there. I graduated with the coach and the guy I knew wouldn’t put up with much – that’s all I can say to that. Cary has 1 loss this year so they do know how to play. Survive and advance 🙂

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^reports indicate your old friend did a great Coach Rat impression in the timeout after regulation…

MrPlywood
    Participant

Meaning? I take it you weren’t there either?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^ expletives deleted…
    :>}

My daughter who’s a Senior and a varsity athlete at Hanover and her friends were sitting close by…

MrPlywood
    Participant

Ah. At his team I hope.

I wasn’t trying to rub anything in, I don’t know that I’ve seen you mention your daughter being a student there. I took your previous “preview” post as coming from a HS bball fan in general. I hope your kid and friends weren’t mistreated at the game.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Just finished watching on dvr delay.
    That was….not pretty.
    But a win is a win is a win….I guess.

Truth be told, I’m not as much happy about the win as I am relieved that we managed to not lose to BC.
    There’s a difference.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yep, I stuck with my going to bed. Amazed to find out we somehow pulled out a win. Still embarrassed.

Rick
    Keymaster

I forgot we had a game. At least we won.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

@plywood…

yeah.. your friend communicated his feelings to his Team in no uncertain manner….

as for the fans… at least they didn’t throw rocks at the bus… just trash talking….

my kid is a four year varsity lacrosse player, all city, all conference, team captain, so she’s GOTT a pretty healthy perspective of the atmosphere at “away games”… that said… she doesn’t mind “mixing it up” when “provoked”….

44rules
    Participant

I went to bed too when I couldn’t find a free audio or video feed anywhere. ESPN3 isn’t included in Sling. I’m more relieved than glad we won, but since I didn’t listen or watch, I can only go by the comments – and it seems we were brutal.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

choppack1
    Participant

Yep. Going to bed @ 10:15 vs. 11:15 was the right call.

FergusWolf
    Participant

^^ ESPN3 is included with my SlingTV, but the game was an ACC network game last night, so it was blacked out locally (in Raleigh).

I was out playing tennis last night anyways, so I watched portions of it this morning on ESPN3

MrPlywood
    Participant

Something good: this team does not give up
    Something bad: they shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with

The stats say that State outshot and out rebounded BC. The Pack shot 47% (8-17) from 3. BC was 29.2% (7-24) from 3. I would have bet a lot that BC’s 3 percentage was higher. I think at some point though BC was shooting over 60% in the first half, which, along with State’s turnovers and poor shooting led to BC’s big lead. BC had way too many wide open looks. State should have been able to do a much better job defensively against a young, conference winless team.

As usual, State needs to learn some “that guy” defense. As in, “somebody stop that guy”.

Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.