State wins 77-70 at Notre Dame

Home Forums All StateFansNation State wins 77-70 at Notre Dame

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

^ Ah, I always thought it was White Boy Scott…my bad. Wee Baby Seamus is far funnier.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

^^ Actually, WBS is “the Wee Baby Seamus” (Archer reference).

It will probably surprise no one that BJD’s TV memes are as foreign to me as his musical ones. (But unlike his musical choices, I’ve at least heard of Archer.)

TheCOWDOG

I hear ya Va…and then we get Wuf in the same kitchen w/Beej and all of a sudden I’m old, and clueless.

Might just as well be pickin’ dandelions out in rightfield.

BJD95
    Keymaster

You are doing yourself a great disservice by not watching Archer. Binge watch it on Netflix, you won’t be sorry.

MP
    Participant

LOL at BSW.

The way I look at it for a team of our caliber – good talent, young, few defined scoring options – you gotta take what you can get. Winning at ND is absolutely more important than losing to Pitt at home in the big picture. Our caliber seems to be in the KenPom/BPI/RPI 60-80 range:

I assume we will lose all games (home/away) to Top 20 range teams which are Pitt, Syracuse, and Duke – Projected 4 losses.

I assume we will lose all away games to Top 20-40 range teams which are UVA, FSU, Clemson, and The Asterisk – Projected 2 losses.

I assume we will win all games (home/away) to sub-Top 100 teams which are BC, VPI, and GT – Projected 3 wins.

That leaves 9 games that start to look like ‘toss-ups’ to some extent. Either fairly even caliber/profile teams (ND, Maryland, Miami, Wake) or home court advantage evening out a matchup in the 20-40 range games. These are the games which our ‘caliber’ team must maximize wins to meet their potential.

Beating a Top 10 team at home would be gravy. If our team improves as the season goes on and wins more than their share of those ‘other’ games (and all of their must-wins), we will be a bubble-type or low-in team with a chance to do some damage in the ACC Tournament.

I’m not sure why we should expect much more than that from this team, right now. Beating Pitt on Saturday would have been nice. Beating ND on Tuesday was awesome. If we were a Top 20ish team I would feel differently… But by the way… We’re not.

redcanine
    Participant

Wee Baby Seamus…

Duke cheerleaders = Gail the Snail

eas
    Participant

I always thought it meant White ball skills.

redcanine
    Participant

…and “King Hippo” (aka BJA) is a video game character of Nintendo’s “Mike Tyson’s Punch Out!!”.

King Hippo

That’s taking it waaaay back.

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.