State vs Wake in old school ACC Tournament match-up

Home Forums All StateFansNation State vs Wake in old school ACC Tournament match-up

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Texpack
    Participant

Anya with the lightning hands!

Wufpacker
    Participant

BYE…don’t wanna watch if we screw this up at this point anyway.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Lost in all the ESPN ticker updates…why is nobody giving Sharapova credit for being clever enough for finding a way to take PEDs whilst staying hot?

MrPlywood
    Participant

Two bricks and a bad foul. Keep it interesting State!

re: Sharapova – evidently the treatment course of that “med” is 4 to 6 weeks. Not 10 years 😉

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Back to back bricks and a stupid foul by Cody.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Oh FFS Mav.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Didn’t f-cking TOUCH HIM

BJD95
    Keymaster

Oh JEEBUS. Twin A to the line to brick two.

MrPlywood
    Participant

yikes

BJD95
    Keymaster

WHEW. Wake runs a last play that only HWSNBN could love. We love to fight lose to Duke another day.

StateRed44
    Participant

CBI called

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

We beat Duke tomorrow. Just to fu<k with our emotions.

chucktownwufpacker
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong… I’m really glad we won, but could we pleas just play ONE good game? Is that too much to ask? Glad Rowan had a good game… but our bigs need to do something… maybe some scoring? GO PACK! BEAT DOOK!

FergusWolf
    Participant

If you think about it, that’s about the expected quality for a 12 vs. 13 game. Close, but not good basketball. Nice to see Mav get one a roll, he’s going to be big for us next year.

freshmanin83
    Participant

No the scenario will probably be beat dook, unx, nd then loose to someone who beat va.

Texpack
    Participant

We obviously didn’t want to show too much to the Duke scouts.

choppack1
    Participant

Sweet. I will take it. Kudos for the guys – they still have fight. Of course, I couldn’t watch but I will do what I have to do.

Packzingo
    Participant

Self Employed and still had to work so I recorded the game and just now catching up……….

-A wins a win. I’ll take it.
    -Hope Anya doesn’t declare for the NBA. OMG. Who do you blame for the lack of development, coach or kid?
    -We only have 2 division one players: Barbour and (Abu / Rowan), half each
    -What a game by Rowan, only an upside for the kid. Future looks good.
    -Love the effort and hustle of the Martins but the Basketball IQ is so questionable
    -Freeman really gives his best not to hurt you but he just isn’t going to help us enough to offset his injury
    -Which sportswriters didn’t vote for Barbour for first team All ACC? Totally a bunch of bull. This alone shows the continued biased towards NC State.
    -Finally, glad we came out in our team colors: White and Gray…. WTF. I did like the lettering. LOL
    -And if anything doesn’t make sense, yes, I’ve been drinking!! LOL
    GO PACK

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Anya declare for the draft? I’m still laughing from when McDonough brought that up in the game. Doris was correct when she said he needs to commit to a serious conditioning program after this season and come back for his last year and HOPE that he might get drafted after next year. I don’t hold Gott responsible for Anya’s physical shape (insert something about leading a horse to water here). No, there is only one person to put it on and that is Anya. No. One. Else. I guess we’ll see how badly Beejay wants it…..or doesn’t.

Packzingo
    Participant

Yea, I didn’t want to be a player basher but Anya’s lucky we are so thin. He’d be looking from the bench.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Beejay just always seems like a guy looking for a good time. I’m not sure he’s NBA material.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Perhaps the best headline on one of the article…

Maverick BUZZES WFU Tower. No word about the Admiral’s daughter….maybe later.

It DID get a little tedious to watch about mid Q2 and I did a little home repair work and watched the final 2 minutes. That has been a good strategy for a LOT of ACC Games (other teams including the Pack) this year.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Roo, if you watched the last two minutes then you witnessed one and a half minutes of the worst basketball we played all day. IIRC, we were up by 7 with just less than 2 minutes, but proceeded to throw two backboard-breaking bricks, followed by Cody fouling a 3 point shooter to let them get right back into the game. It did get ugly there, and yet we seemed to win despite of our lackluster play…Better to be Gott than Manning at this point?

13OT
    Participant

I don’t know if Manning is on the hot seat yet, but after watching Wake since he took over there, it’s way beyond obvious that he’s in over his head. You can’t teach somebody to coach any more than you can teach them to dunk.

The Wake-UVA game pretty much sums up what Wake has as long as they keep Manning. I think he can recruit better than Gott, but Gott is the better coach.

So is it better to be Gott than Manning now? Probably, unless Manning’s first name is Peyton.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

totally agree 13OT…and J.T. Brown is making a name for himself as a goon in the NHL, and a short one at that..

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.