State Football Adds Series with West Virginia

Home Forums All StateFansNation State Football Adds Series with West Virginia

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

This is the exact type of series State fans have wanted. Now, if we could just get the ACC/SEC +1 agreement to work out. WRAL: North Carolina State Un
    [See the full post at: State Football Adds Series with West Virginia]

BJD95
    Keymaster

This is indeed the type of interesting series I wanted to see, much like Mississippi State.

You can play a reasonable interesting schedule without “playing Alabama and Oklahoma every week” like the cupcake apologists exaggerate about.

TheCOWDOG

Yep. Further impetus to make it a 1/2 dozen more years.

They couldn’t have picked 2 schools with deeper personal history than MSU & WVU. Hey, bring back Penn St. and I’ll really have the Hot Tub Time Machine crankin’!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^NCS v. PSU was some serious sh&t back in the day…
    on a lot of different levels…

It may surprise some that perhaps the biggest back story was the “rivalry” between the two faculties…

What happened on the field was definitely D1-TopTwenty stuff… just ask Mr. Dog….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tag42481
    Participant

Cannot agree more with this being the type of series we should be scheduling. I understand needing 3 home OOC games and 1 away OOC game. So get it so that we have 2 decent opponents each year, 1 home and 1 away. Then play your low-major team and your FCS school and I’ll be perfectly content with the schedule.

blpack
    Participant

Glad to see these two games on the distant horizon. Hopefully by then we will be ready to go win both games.

ruffles31
    Keymaster

I hope that both programs are back on the way up as life is much more interesting, except for Morganton couches, when both teams are winning consistently.

ruffles31
    Keymaster

And agreed…Poor WV Wolf.

WV Wolf
    Keymaster

No matter what happens I’ll have bragging rights somewhere…

I have never been more conflicted watching a football game than that State/WVU bowl game a few years ago. Now I get to go through that 2 more times in football plus basketball? Clearly Debbie & Oliver Luck didn’t consult me first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.