Sports betting thread

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Sports betting thread

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m always jibber jabbing about lines so was wondering if there’s anyone else that dabbles. I wanted to start a thread to share picks and/or discuss games from the Vegas perspective. I’m typically profitable at NBA and MLB.. NFL I’m usually right around break even.. everything else you should fade! Thus far in the 16/17 NBA season I’m 106-82-4 (56.38%) against the spread.

As with mutual funds, past results DO NOT guarantee future returns. With that disclaimer, I don’t mind posting my picks daily if anyone is interested.

I’d also love others inputs on games, especially NC State.. I’m terrible at betting my own team.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Skip Holtz cashing my moneyline bet!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Saturday 12-24-16 NFL Picks

take Wash -3 @Chi
    take @ Buff -4.5 vs Mia
    take @NO -3 vs TB
    take @Car+3 vs ATL
    take MN +6.5 @GB
    take Jets +16.5 @NE
    take @Jax +4.5 vs TN
    take @Clev +5.5 vs SD
    take @Oak -3.5 vs Indy
    take @LA -4 vs SF
    take AZ +7.5 @Sea
    take @Hou PK vs Cinn

Let’s see how this goes. I don’t gamble as I used to, but these picks are based upon numbers only, nothing else. I know you said the NFL wasn’t your thing, but my numbers deal works best with the NFL, college FB or BB not so much. I pay scant attention to the NBA. I’ve had many good Sundays using my system, but have not used it so much lately. I suppose my interest in the NFL is waning as the Chargers continue to stink, and now appear to be headed to LA, and as for my local Bucs, well, between Jameis and the Glazers I have become indifferent to their success.

Merry Christmas to all Pack fans!

TheCOWDOG

AT, AT…I love the juice. For a long time, it actually replaced the competitive spirit for the games I no longer played.

Through the years, I’ve managed to pay for many exotic vacations…and not, through college football and NFL.

…but mostly success came via the ponies. I like money lines in human sports, however I never play for chump change, and believe me, when I play, it is not a gamble.

I only get serious about a dozen times a year anymore. Sometimes it’s at an obscure harness track.

I shall follow your thread.

Fastback68
    Participant

In the early 90’s, we went to Vegas several times. I would bet on 2 game teasers where I could move the spread on both games by 7 points. Payout was 90%. Fast forward 25 years and the payout is 75% thanks to Wynn. Anyway, I had more success on college football versus NFL.

McCallum
    Participant

Sinners!

1) no damn gambling
    2) no cards in the house because it leads to number 1
    3) no fishing on Sunday because you probably stayed up all night Saturday doing 1&2.

And another thing, the only thing el deano was right about was opposing the stupid lottery.

Now pardon me, I’m having whiskey and water for breakfast with my fruitcake.

McCallum

Pack78
    Participant

No kissing either-it might lead to dancing!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I like Youston -13 tonight in NBA.

FUN FACT:
    Taking the Pats against the spread in EVERY GAME since since the Brady started getting real minutes in 2001 wins 59% of the time.

edit: source->http://sportsdatabase.com/nfl/query?output=default&sdql=team%3DPatriots+and+season%3E%3D2001&submit=++S+D+Q+L+%21++

Even funner (more fun??), the Pats -17 cashed for me against the crap jets last week.

TheCOWDOG

AT…don’t get cockey…tonight was the harbinger.

Signed- Poster Boy

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

AT…don’t get cockey…tonight was the harbinger.

Signed- Poster Boy

Yes sir, it COULD be a set up!

Rockets CASH easily tonight!

Fastback68
    Participant

State +8.5 vs Miami

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

State ML +355 seems to have some good value as well. Wouldn’t put much on it though.

I like Clippers +6 tonight in the NBA.

Fastback68
    Participant

I saw a State ml of 240 earlier, I haven’t seen Miami play. I know zilch about them.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.