So, it was national signing day in football

Home Forums StateFans Football So, it was national signing day in football

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

What, pray tell, was wrong with running Fowler, TOB, or Sendek off? Hasn’t the market shown we were 3-for-3 on those??

Actually there was nothing wrong with running off those 3 but once we got a taste of the blood, we start the run off as soon as the replacement arrives. I don’t want to start a sh1t storm but I found the insults, lies, and characterizations of the ones we run off distasteful. I haven’t seen the same character assassination I saw in the past. My biggest laugh was seeing Fowler called a hick by people on the site of an agricultural school. It’s as if we could care less if we ruin someone’s life as long as we run them off. I also think we sometimes run the wrong one off. The chancellor should have been run off before Fowler. Fowler stayed beyond his time. Mary Ann Fox would have given Fowler different orders than that ass Oblinger or what ever his name was.

The biggest problem we have at NC State IMO is we want a Cadillac ride but only want to pay for a Ford. Not only that but we think we deserve a Cadillac ride.

You are a married guy. If you look for faults, you can find reasons why your wife is the worst in your group of friends. If you look for the good points, you will find she is the best. The same is true with Doeren. With a few exceptions, most on this board look for reasons he is the worst. It’s a good thing our FG kicker cost us a few game otherwise we would be hard pressed to prove Doeren is a lousy coach and he will never win more than 8 or 9 games a year.

But I agree 2 of those 3 needed removing. I give TOB a pass because of the health issues his staff had. I also think he was behind the times with recruiting methods. Maybe that should be 3 out of 3.

Rick
    Keymaster

The biggest problem we have at NC State IMO is we want a Cadillac ride but only want to pay for a Ford. Not only that but we think we deserve a Cadillac ride.

Gott is being paid like a Cadillac and is giving us the ride of a Yugo

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

What, pray tell, was wrong with running Fowler, TOB, or Sendek off? Hasn’t the market shown we were 3-for-3 on those??

Actually there was nothing wrong with running off those 3 but once we got a taste of the blood, we start the run off as soon as the replacement arrives. I don’t want to start a sh1t storm but I found the insults, lies, and characterizations of the ones we run off distasteful. I haven’t seen the same character assassination I saw in the past. My biggest laugh was seeing Fowler called a hick by people on the site of an agricultural school. It’s as if we could care less if we ruin someone’s life as long as we run them off. I also think we sometimes run the wrong one off. The chancellor should have been run off before Fowler. Fowler stayed beyond his time. Mary Ann Fox would have given Fowler different orders than that ass Oblinger or what ever his name was.

You are a married guy. If you look for faults, you can find reasons why your wife is the worst in your group of friends. If you look for the good points, you will find she is the best. The same is true with Doeren. With a few exceptions, most on this board look for reasons he is the worst. It’s a good thing our FG kicker cost us a few game otherwise we would be hard pressed to prove Doeren is a lousy coach and he will never win more than 8 or 9 games a year.

But I agree 2 of those 3 needed removing. I give TOB a pass because of the health issues his staff had. I also think he was behind the times with recruiting methods. Maybe that should be 3 out of 3.

Gott is paid in the top 25

other than that I honest to God dont know what point you are trying to make. DD gets a 5th year, he has exactly one year to get above the 3-5 mark in conference. But again I am sure when the new coach comes in you will be screaming at the top of your lungs that there is no talent to work with so we should be patient. You see how this goes?

If (when) we lose to USC then I think all hell breaks loose and the floodgates open.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Valid points on both sides, and while I am tempted to add a few more points they will fall upon deaf ears as this conversation has gone so far past the point of diminishing returns that I can’t even think up a decent analogy.

Let’s just say it is time for everyone to put the keyboard down and grab an adult beverage of their choice.

I never realized that so many people had their personal livelihoods on the line with the success or failure of NC State (revenue generating ONLY) athletic success. 🙂

gso packbacker
    Participant

Robin Williams sums up my thoughts here.

You are in more dire need …

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

^ I’ve always been fascinated how some people can get emotionally invested (in both directions) in a coach and eventually lose the ability to be objective about their performance. I bet if you were able to track down redfred he’d tell you Sendek should still be our basketball coach.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I bet if you were able to track down redfred he’d tell you Sendek should still be our basketball coach.

I thought Sid was his favorite….or at least it was when he was last here.

Greywolf
    Participant

I knew we could find a common ground to agree on. LOL

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Gott is being paid like a Cadillac

Refresher:

http://wncn.com/2015/11/13/nc-state-extends-gottfrieds-contract-raises-salary-to-2-5-million/

why why why? Where was he going? what was the point?

Yow should be fired on general principle

Rick
    Keymaster

Gott is being paid like a Cadillac

Refresher:

http://wncn.com/2015/11/13/nc-state-extends-gottfrieds-contract-raises-salary-to-2-5-million/

why why why? Where was he going? what was the point?

Yow should be fired on general principle

This decision made me question her ability. It is just a dumb decision.

Rick
    Keymaster

I knew we could find a common ground to agree on. LOL

Woo hoo
    [high five]

Greywolf
    Participant

other than that I honest to God dont know what point you are trying to make.

Don’t let that stop you from commenting. LOL

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Woooo! Now we’re having some fun!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We’ve already been told we got us a regular Barry Sanders coming in. What are you guys fretting about?

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

other than that I honest to God dont know what point you are trying to make.

Don’t let that stop you from commenting. LOL

LOL? Jesus dude

Greywolf
    Participant

LOL? Jesus dude

You might be taking all this just a little too darn seriously, dude.

Greywolf
    Participant

We’ve already been told we got us a regular Barry Sanders coming in. What are you guys fretting about?

I’ll tell you what I’m fretting about. Thurman Thomas is going to Ohio State and we have to stettle for Barry Sanders. How’s that for a kick in the gonads?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

We have several dietitians preparing meal plans to suit individual players needs to change their bodies.

Is it too late for BJ to get in that program?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Is it too late for BJ to get in that program?

Trust me, Beejay gets all the food he needs to bulk up.

McCallum
    Participant

Greywolf must be skipping the morning vitamins.

McCallum

ryebread
    Participant

Grey: Thanks for the class break down. You’ve looked into it way more than I have. I don’t really follow football recruiting and instead focus on who is on the roster day one of the season. There are too many recruits and the evaluation in football is nowhere near as good as it is in basketball.

I will say that I think DD and staff have done a good job in finding the diamonds in the rough, redshirting them, coaching them up, etc.. What many TOB fans swore the guy did (and I guess he did for any that actually made it through) is what I see us actually doing now. We matched up better physically and speed wise with Clemson and FSU better than any time since early in Amato’s tenure this past season.

I’m willing to give DD a bit of a pass on recruiting rankings because the on field eye test has really been pretty good outside of place kicker, QB and corners. I’d have loved to see some help with those units.

DD’s issues aren’t as much Jimmies and Joes, injuries, prep, etc.. They are the consistently awful in game decisions he makes that spot the other team 6-10 points per game. He might be a CEO type that once the ball gets kicked in the air needs to take a Wooden like approach and let the players and assistants execute the plan.

Oh yeah, and DD is awful with the media. He needs considerable coaching in that department.

Greywolf
    Participant

McCallum

I no longer find it hard getting up in the morning. If you get my drift…

Greywolf
    Participant

McCallum

I no longer find it hard getting up in the morning. If you get my drift…

Greywolf
    Participant

He might be a CEO type that once the ball gets kicked in the air needs to take a Wooden like approach and let the players and assistants execute the plan.

This is IMO spot on and as near as I can tell this is the trend with Doeren. We also need to keep playing to score deep into the 4th quarter instead of burning 10 minutes of clock when we have a substantial lead.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.