SNOW

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Thanks Alpha. Hadn’t seen those. I wonder what review-before-broadcast procedures have been put in place.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Alpha, that was special…

LRM
    Keymaster

Geez, that was one of the greatest moments in NC State history.

nav
    Participant

Latest forecast map for NC.

Forecast image

By-the-way, I got no clue on how to properly paste an image it seems.

nav
    Participant

https://twitter.com/RaleighWx/status/428190324465213440/photo/1

Link to forecast map.

I see now I’m going to have to work on my forum posting skills.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I thought maybe you could embed the tweet. No such luck.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Who needs Greg Fishel… (although I did meet him one time and he’s a great guy… )

The Old ‘Bacca Farmer looks up at the sky and says…

No snow .. down here…
    and unless something major changes… ain’t going to happen….

for now…. the cold air from the west is stronger than the moist air from the south….
    it’s all about 30 miles offshore….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    nav
    Participant

They are saying the snow should start in the Triangle around 4-7pm. It looks like it going to be a big mess for the coastal plain with all the ice.

BJD95
    Keymaster

They keep delaying the start time for the snow. Definitely could have had school with an early release, damn it.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Blizzard on the way. In your face, Al Gore. In your face.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Not to go all PoFlaWa, but isn’t climate change supposed to mean more extremes – ie, more numerous and more intense storms?

But hey man, like George Carlin says…I’m an entropy fan!

pakfanistan
    Participant

That’s liberal propaganda promoted by ecoterrorists.

SqlWolf
    Participant

That’s liberal propaganda promoted by ecoterrorists.

I’m no ecoterrorist. I like driving my gasoline sucking SUV and surfing the internet on coal fired electrons. However, if we want to understand and manage climate risks, it’s more practically relevant to understand the likelihood of the hazard than to ask whether any particular disaster was caused by global warming. This is taken from comments made by Noah Diffenbach, a professor of Environmental Earth System Science at Stanford. He along with other colleagues modeled climate systems that quantified the risks of damaging weather as a result of a rise in global average temperatures. This research does not point to specific storms or even potential patterns of weather events, rather it measures the statistical probability of economically damaging weather events over time as global temperatures rise. Based on this kind of science, I am inclined to believe that we can expect more intense storms (hurricanes, tornadoes) or weather consequences such as drought or floods that impact our national economy. These are not predictions of specific snowstorms like this one we’ve been chatting about. Remember, climate is a long term understanding of large systems and weather is a short term event affecting your locale.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.