Snow Watch! Will Roy cancel Saturday\'s game?

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Snow Watch! Will Roy cancel Saturday\'s game?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

At 9:45 this AM I’m seeing predictions of 4-6 inches by the abc11 weather team, with a caveat that we could get 0 inches or it could be up to 14 inches.

I think if we get anything Roy will push hard to postpone the game Saturday in Chapel Hill. If the game were at State though he’d probably have his team bus parked outside the PNC on Friday afternoon ready to go. Can’t say I blame him I guess.

Yall get out there and hit the grocers hard! Get that bread & milk, folks.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Troll…

There’s not a snowball’s chance in hell of the game cancelling….

postponed, maybe… but it will take a MF of a storm for the new Governor to do that..

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Yeah I meant postpone in the thread title! hey I got it right though in the post.

I think if there’s a real chance of a half empty nose dome they’ll have that sucker POSTPONED before you can say POP!

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I’m not so sure. I suspect that TV (and their money) would have something to say about postponing with less than 6 inches of snow. With that little snow, I-40 would be quickly cleared and both schools are close to the interstate.

TheCOWDOG

Latest model shows 5-9. There is precedence to believe that they may.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

How bout we just call it a paper game. No one has to show up, but we get a W.

TheCOWDOG

^
    Something must be written, and turned in:

“Snow is a white powdery substance- The end.”

If ya wanna follow prognostications, NCSU’s own Allan Huffman is pretty good with severe weather in particular.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaleighWx/status/817125412744691716

Fastback68
    Participant

IIRC, Deano got both State/UNX games in 24 hours when the first one got canceled due to the Gulf War. Figured he couldn’t lose both games scheduled back to back with a deeper roster.

P—-

choppack1
    Participant

Will the governor beg fans to avoid going to the game?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Will the governor beg fans to avoid going to the game?

Hee hee, I do indeed remember the yelling at clouds I done over that one.

I don’t think the new fella wants to go activatin’ our tinfoil hats THAT quickly into his tenure…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Friday, 9:26AM update… Dubya Are Aye El saying likely 5-7 inches for the triangle but still with one model calling for diddly squat.

It remains a mystery whether Roy will get out his long johns or not for tomorrow. 3 inches or more and I think Roy says we’re in conditions worse than Haiti after an earthquake and he calls it off.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Thing is…they should want to play us as early in the season as possible. This is (theoretically) as bad/inconsistent as we will ever be.

TheCOWDOG

Oh sh@+. Guess who’s in town.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.