Shaun Kirk Recommits to NC State

Home Forums All StateFansNation Shaun Kirk Recommits to NC State

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    PapaJohn
    Participant

Nice to turn the corner after a rough stretch since the end of the season.
    The kid is Slim Dunkin on Twitter, how cool is that?
    He can ball, and he’s got a sense of humor.

Rick
    Keymaster

Nice to turn the corner after a rough stretch since the end of the season.
    The kid is Slim Dunkin on Twitter, how cool is that?
    He can ball, and he’s got a sense of humor.

I believe we have his nickname. Nice

primacyone
    Participant

Stellar.

choppack1
    Participant

Nice to battle with calipari and UK and come away a winner.

Great job by the staff on this one. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and how it impacts the Martin twins. As I indicated in the other post, that’s the only potential drawback I see here. We need ballers though – and if he plays hard and is skilled, he will definitely contribute.

ILPackfan
    Participant

It’s a relief to see some good roster news for a change. Kid looks like he’s got a chance to be much more of an impact player in Raleigh than in Lexington.

AsheWolf
    Participant

I think the title of this thread is inaccurate,demeaning and totally non-stellar. Kirk never de-committed so how could he possibly re-commit?

I demand a change.

Ed89
    Participant

I thought at first the title must have been response to the uproar of the other title, but maybe not?

Agree with AsheWolf, though. He never de-committed, so it is really a bit disrespectful to Kirk saying he “recommitted”. That implies he decommitted. I never once heard that he decommitted. I heard that he was going to “listen” to Calipari. That is not decommitting.

Regardless, a better title now would be “Shaun Kirk signs LOI to run with the Pack”.

Ed89
    Participant

By the way, sounds like a solid pickup.

Welcome, Mr. Kirk!

PackofMac
    Participant

When y’all’s coach can figure out a way to successfully motivate kids to give it 100% every game then I’ll be so quick to take up for him like most of you. Glad the kid stayed with us, I am excited for that.

packof81
    Participant

Welcome aboard Mr. Kirk! You’ll get playing time here.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Effort has very, VERY rarely been a problem for us in the MG era, and it never was last year (with the possible exception of the Cincy game, which earned an even rarer public scolding and the “no defense, no minutes” mantra that signed Angel of Death’s ticket out of town).

AsheWolf
    Participant

Expectations of 100% effort is what’s wrong with kids today and it’s why we can’t have nice things. 100% is good but 110% would be stellar.

I thought our guys played their guts out a lot.

choppack1
    Participant

With exception of year 2…?I agree on the effort part.

fullmoon1
    Participant

Great nickname and great hair.

RedReid
    Participant

Get over the 20 years prior to Gott. 4 straight NCAA’s and 2 Sweet 16’s in his first 4 years here. That’s rare air for any coach. He deserves our respect. He is doing a good job!

Hungwolf
    Participant

That Great News for the Pack! Pack fans should note if it good news about the Pack you won’t find on the ACC Sports Journal, of course when Krik was thinking about KY, they had that up in seconds. David Glen is Baby Blue loving Tar Heel fan, that hates the Wolfpack. He started out as “The Poop” and he still full of crap! No fan of any ACC team outside of Chapel Hill should support anything Glen associated with!

BJD95
    Keymaster

The fact that MG got ANYTHING out of that headcase second year team is amazing in retrospect. I think it was a great learning experience for the staff in ego/crisis management.

With this core eight, I think a Top 4 conference finish is a reasonable goal, and winning the conference tourney and/or making the final four is not outside the realm of possibility.

Work on your cardio, Cat. You shall play 38+ a night.

choppack1
    Participant

Getting a solid combo guard ready to play would be huge.

With the current lineup we’re still extremely susceptible to injury/foul trouble bug. Great core of players but I think that combo guard is the difference between a team that competes for a national title and a sweet 16.

Fastback68
    Participant

State would have had a third chance at an elite eight slot if we didn’t let little fat Billikens roll the ball to mid court. We all want more than sweet 16s. Break on Through to the Other Side, Gott.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Welcome aboard, Captain. Thank you also for giving Cal the business.

PackofMac
    Participant

BJD95…with all due respect, I sincerely mean that as I thoroughly enjoy your posts…..EFFORT is RARELY a problem??? I don’t understand how we get skull fu*ked by Clemson and Wake at home, constantly come out looking disinterested yet effort is not a problem. Anyway….

blpack
    Participant

I saw an interview yesterday on the news and Kirk was very polite and seems like a good kid. Glad he loves to play hard; we like to win and playing hard is not negotiable. Our teams generally don’t get out worked. He will be a great addition to the Pack.

redcanine
    Participant

Alright, we just got a solid player.

Wait, Kentucky wants him too? And they offered? Oh, brother…

Are you telling me this kid turned down Kentucky and signed his LOI with NCSU? BOOM!!!

I really like the players on our team. I like their stories.

TMD11
    Participant

VERY Grateful to have you in WOLFPACK Nation Shaun Kirk…! Absolutely. Be the man.

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.