Shadrach Thornton officially reinstated

Home Forums StateFans Football Shadrach Thornton officially reinstated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/college_sports/n-c-state-wolfpack-rb-shadrach-thornton-reinstated-from-suspension/article_a8b0b068-d167-594c-828a-4c4ee55fdd1c.html

RALEIGH, N.C.- North Carolina State coach Dave Doeren has reinstated junior running back Shadrach Thornton following an indefinite suspension.

The suspension came in December after authorities cited Thornton for misdemeanor simple possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Police had visited an apartment he shared with teammates in a sexual battery investigation, with a probable cause affidavit for a search warrant listing Thornton as the suspect.

Lee Turner, Thornton’s attorney, says authorities dismissed charges because Thornton was not present during the search and passed drug tests. Thornton was not charged in the sexual battery case.

redisgood
    Participant

I think I read that Shad served out a six month suspension. If so, it was very fortuitous the six months occurred during the off-season.

ncsu1987
    Participant

Nice to see this young man has done the necessary things to earn his way back onto the team. I have to think this is a “last-chance” scenario. I hope he’s received the guidance he needs and keeps his ish straight.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Nice to see this young man has done the necessary things to earn his way back onto the team. I have to think this is a “last-chance” scenario. I hope he’s received the guidance he needs and keeps his ish straight.

I thought the last one was a last chance scenario.

ncsu1987
    Participant

^Certainly possible that you’re right. If so, then this is a puzzling development.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.