SEC Culture Is Just Special… Dammit

Home Forums All StateFansNation SEC Culture Is Just Special… Dammit

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    tobaccordshow
    Keymaster

I don’t get it. The only people who have a problem with NC State fans are other NC State fans.

Ask the players. They love us.

Ask the opposing teams. They hate us.

WE RANK 2ND IN THE ACC AND 14TH NATIONALLY FOR TOTAL ATTENDANCE WITH A 96.3% CAPACITY RATING THAT’S ENOUGH FOR 3RD IN TEH ACC AND 33RD NATIONALLY.

I’m sorry, but it sure as hell doesn’t look like the fans are the problem.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Here’s your SEC culture at http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-states-worst-quality-life-164909712.html. I, for one, have no problem criticizing and loathing John Swofford, but remain grateful that we aren’t a part of the SEC. I don’t care how many dollars those sports programs generate.

packplantpath
    Participant

I laughed out loud reading this article about the SEC culture being special. A site dedicated to NC State and the ACC, and you write that you’re home on the couch watching the Wolfpack on tv, and then turn the game off in the first quarter to watch, drum roll, the SEC games! Because of fans like you, this is why the ACC will never be special. SEC fans support the team at home, on the road, and treat every game like it’s special. And yes, I was there in Clemson Saturday to the bitter end pulling for the boys. You want a top rate football program, you have to have top rate fans. So, just turn the tv off, don’t go to games, and we’ll continue to get leftover recruits and be a second rate football conference. And, you can continue to complain about it in your posts.

I must say I don’t get this.

But, to add to my failings, I also don’t finish books that I don’t like.

Life is too short to spend my leisure time doing something that isn’t enjoyable.

But you know, if you can sit back and ignore the game, some of those aren’t so bad. The great Maryland comback a few years back I almost left early. But since the day was decent and I had family around we just chatted and hung around. Glad I did. Don’t really fault those that did leave.

ryebread
    Participant

tobaccoroadshow: Thanks for underscoring my point for me. College sports are just entertainment. In no way is that tied to the mission statement of the University. If you’re entertained by the game great, but if not, don’t attend. That’s really how it should be on the relative scale.

My problem with the “SEC Culture” crew is that the SEC puts the value of the entertainment problem above many other things. It’s effectively across the board too. It also happens in the ACC. FSU does as well in football, and UNC seemingly has for years in many sports.

Do I like those priorities? Nope. Do I want my school to take them on? Nope.

Wufpacker
    Participant

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24743454/ole-miss-fans-cover-75000-field-storming-costs-in-four-hours

“We will gladly pay these expenses, but countless fans from Rebel Nation have asked about how they could contribute, so we’ve set up this page to do just that,” the page says. “By donating, you’re forever contributing to solidifying the memories that were made inside the stadium that October afternoon. Help us reach our goals of funding the goalposts and fine. Hotty Toddy!”

According to the Clarion-Ledger, here’s how long it took for the page to take donations from an initial total of just under $15,000 to beyond its $75,000 goal: four hours. Yes, it’s safe to say Rebel fans are just a little excited about this season.

Of course, they may also be somewhat excited about the rewards for their donation, which range from a new computer desktop ($25) to a six-inch section from one of the felled goalposts ($1,000). As of this posting, the page had raised a total of $93,203.

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.