Sade in Range of Scoring Record

Home Forums All StateFansNation Sade in Range of Scoring Record

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JackWolf
    Keymaster

Kickers are always scoring leaders, and on a list of former State kickers that includes All-American Steve Videtich, All-American and Lou Groza Award
    [See the full post at: Sade in Range of Scoring Record]

Mike
    Participant

Good for Nik, though I hope the majority of his scoring comes in 1’s and not 3’s. His kickoffs can also be a factor by forcing touchbacks and not allowing the returns. It’s the little things in the game that add up to a lot.

BJD95
    Keymaster

NC State has been blessed with some true badass kickers. Mike Cofer, Damon Hartman, Steven Hauschka, Niklas Sade.

I am committed to playing fantasy football through the 2015 season, just because I want the experience of having Smooth Operator on my team.

ryebread
    Participant

We’ve had some great kickers and I actually think Sade is the best on kickoffs of any of them. That’s a fantastic weapon to control field position and prevent the KO return for TD that just kills momentum and hurts a team that struggles to score. Big time programs like FSU always have a guy that can put it out of the back of the end zone, and it’s been really nice to see that out of Sade.

Having said that, Sade’s 88 points last year were in part due to an offense that couldn’t punch one in. I’d prefer him having a Primati like senior season (perfect on a ton of PATs and a high percentage on a few kicked FGs), even if that doesn’t mean he breaks our scoring record.

Also, when the kicker is the guy getting press in the local rags, it kind of tells you about recruiting and expectations. I mean, I’m fully behind Sade, our team, etc., but if the kicker is your best hope for All Conference (and All American), then is there any real doubt about the talent level?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yes, it isn’t a great sign when your kicker is team MVP, and by a very large margin.

But from the NC State “It can ALWAYS get worse” file…imagine if we had to say the same thing about our PUNTER.

PackFamily
    Participant

NC State has been blessed with some true badass kickers. Mike Cofer, Damon Hartman, Steven Hauschka, Niklas Sade.

John Deraney?!

tjfoose1
    Participant

John Deraney?!

???

TheCOWDOG

Yep. Deraney was money on touchbacks, money on PATS, and the virtual offense during the Davis/Stone yrs.

He was a pretty good punter, double-dipping,as he did.

Hey,if we cross that goal line 4 times p/g, I’m all good for The Smooth Operator puttin up 3’s

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.