Sacha Killeya-Jones Transferring To The Pack

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Sacha Killeya-Jones Transferring To The Pack

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Pack78
    Participant

More big news; transfer from UK:

Fastback68
    Participant

What the what? That’s 14. What’s the bad news??

freshmanin83
    Participant

Rumor has it that one of the freshmen committed to the Pack – 2018 will not be joining. Not sure of the reason.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Speculation is it may be Saddiq Bey?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Speculation is it may be Saddiq Bey?

Ah, that sucks.

44rules
    Participant

I’ve seen such speculation on other boards. I’m not concerned yet – it’s early, and KKIAW. But I’m hoping none of the freshmen are being forced out. That sets a bad precedent for the future.

Other speculation has Torin Dorn going to Europe to get money, hence bringing in the FIU guy. That would also get us down to 13, but I hate to see Torin go.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’ve seen such speculation on other boards. I’m not concerned yet – it’s early, and KKIAW. But I’m hoping none of the freshmen are being forced out. That sets a bad precedent for the future.

Other speculation has Torin Dorn going to Europe to get money, hence bringing in the FIU guy. That would also get us down to 13, but I hate to see Torin go.

That seems like a possibility. I think Dorn has already graduated, so if you’re probably not a lottery pick, why not get paid?

Fastback68
    Participant

Bey

choppack1
    Participant

Yep. Looks like Saddiq Bey is out of his LOI. Bummer.

Hopefully we are done with the departures.

In better news, my son is watching the new Ritchie Rich. He has a “robot” French maid.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Not sure of reasons but some are saying he was not forced out and did not leave because of Pack recruits.

ryebread
    Participant

I think we picked up Lockett knowing that Bey was gone. I wish Bey the best.

This is part of why I don’t follow recruiting as much as I used to. Tell me who is on the roster when practice starts and I will tell you my opinion of how we might do. Until then there is too much flux.

Lots of rumors that Bey was a EW recruit. If so his departure hurt us far more than what happens when most “third assistants” leave. Pretty much all the kids close to him left as well.

Have we named our new third assistant, or are we just sliding over left a seat with the DOBO?

Tau837
    Participant

I don’t recall ever seeing roster turnover like has happened under Keatts. In his second season, if there are no additional roster changes (so assuming Dorn returns, for example):

– There will be just 2 players remaining who were recruited/signed by Gottfried: Dorn and Johnson.
    – There will be just 3 players remaining who played during the 2017-18 season: Dorn, Johnson, and Beverly.
    – Of the 13 scholarship players, 9 transferred to State from another program. Given there are 3 incoming freshmen, Markell Johnson is the only non-freshman who is not a transfer.

I realize that Keatts coached at Hargrave, where the entire roster turned over every season… but I wasn’t expecting this extreme when he took over at State.

That said, the roster looks nicely balanced across positions:
    – 3 PGs (Johnson, Beverly, Harris)
    – 3 SGs (Daniels, Bryce, Lockett)
    – 2 SFs (Dorn, Hellems)
    – 4 PFs (Killeya-Jones, Funderburk, Steere, Bates)
    – 1 C (Walker)

Remaining player eligibility is also balanced:
    – 2 players with 1 year remaining
    – 4 players with 2 years remaining
    – 4 players with 3 years remaining
    – 3 incoming freshmen with 4 years remaining

And it certainly appears that the roster is constructed with players who better fit Keatts’ system than the roster in his first season.

I’m optimistic.

Rick
    Keymaster

Hopefully this is a new coach blib and as he gets his system in place things will smooth out.
    He definitely sense on to of things as opposed to being caught like a deer in the headlights.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.