Road Warriors (we hope) – Baseball Heads to Clemson

Home Forums All StateFansNation Road Warriors (we hope) – Baseball Heads to Clemson

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Rut Roh

Wufpacker
    Participant

Clemson walks off with an RBI single up the middle with the bases juiced.
    I hate losing, but this was a great game.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Sounds like it. Yard work day so I missed all but bottom of 9. Lemme guess, we swung away and had unproductive outs to squander the leadoff double in the 8th. Amma I wrong?

Wufpacker
    Participant

You’re not entirely wrong.
    With McLain on 2nd and none away, really bad sac bunt attempt…come backer to pitcher, McLain couldn’t advance. Almost literally, aside from a popup to catcher or pitcher, anything else would have been effective.
    Palmeiro moved him to 3rd with a FC bouncer to 2nd.
    Mendoza got the intentional BB, then Kinneman ended it with a weak ground out to 2nd.

TheCOWDOG

AAU.

Teach your children well.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Hell, I’d have probably let the 3 hole swing in that situation. But he strikes out a fair bit. I do like the lineup direction, if you can call it direction. I spot id like to change up but if he’s gonna tinker with the card every game, he’s done much worse this year

Wufpacker
    Participant

I thought the sac was a good call, just not well executed in the moment. Deatherage would move him over 8/10 times, and beat out the throw 5 times. Sadly today wasn’t one of those times.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I like deatherage. Coached against his high school a few times. They play some good ball in his neck of the woods.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Poop, poop, poop. Pardon my French.
    It’s always hard to admit something was a good game when your team didn’t win. Objectively, it was a good, close game. Krall, man, what a good call to start him. Of course they would have to have that revelation this weekend, although I guess it wasn’t much of a revelation after pitching 7 innings of relief.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Not surprisingly, Pack drops a few slots in this week’s D1Baseball poll to #10.
    Totally surprisingly, RPI jumped two spots to #6. Just imagine what getting that win yesterday, and thus the series win, could have done.
    *sigh*

Time to do some damage in Louisville.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.