Rider?? I Barely Even Know Her!! Game Thread (7:00, ESPN3)

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Rider?? I Barely Even Know Her!! Game Thread (7:00, ESPN3)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

I feel pretty about myself after I wipe the floor with some 9-12 year olds in a game of chess.

Beware of that bitter taste in the kool-aid.

McCallum

Fastback68
    Participant

Was forced to watch uva/ville

Heelh8r
    Participant

Go…Not sure how this fits into your rant, but we are at #38 in the RPI. Rider is at #172, so this W will not do much to move the needle. Miami is at #69, so that will be an opportunity for a 51-100 win. Let the real games begin…

Gowolves
    Participant

Go…Not sure how this fits into your rant, but we are at #38 in the RPI. Rider is at #172, so this W will not do much to move the needle. Miami is at #69, so that will be an opportunity for a 51-100 win. Let the real games begin…

My point is if we are #38 in RPI how are we in the last eight out? That’s just not possible. He doesn’t say if his bracket is based on the tournament starting today or was projecting what would happen in March. I’m guessing the latter. Still hard to think this team will not make it. It’s just a question of how far can they go.

Anyway you are right, the real fun starts this Saturday against Miami.

Texpack
    Participant

His bracket is obviously based on tendencies.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

No TV so I’m only glancing at the computer screen to see a score now and then.

That’s too bad because the screen shows that Dennis Smith scores 2 points, but the TV shows everyone in the arena’s jaws on the floor as he flew through the air and jammed it home one-handed. I’d recommend watching some highlights. Some nice dunks if you’re into that kind of stuff. Even a putback jam by Mr. Rowan.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

His bracket is obviously based on tendencies.

Maybe he chooses based on uniform color. Or which mascot looks coolest. That’s how my kids make their tourney picks.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s that damned Illinois loss. Just sits on our resume like a bloated, unlanced boil.

We need the opportunity to play good teams on the teevee box, now that we (seemingly) have out shit better together.

Texpack
    Participant

The thing that stood out to me last night was the ES&D stares that the Turk laid on the opposition. I’m guessing playing up in age group across the pond he was tested. He’s Theodore Cleaver in appearance but he definitely has a Conrad Dobler streak. Perfect score on the SAT Math. He could probably be an Adjunct Professor in Orange County

I’ll be looking to see if Smith has really improved or the competition was just a lot weaker. I lean towards real improvement because his decision making / IQ has looked a lot stronger. I put the over/under on Kapita’s first technical foul at four road games.

I was glad to read that there was an issue that had Johnson sitting out last night. I thought Gott might have decided to shorten his rotation and leave MJ out.

I hope Rowan understands why his role is going to be reduced so much this year. Henderson and Dorn are just too solid for him to play dominant minutes unless we have foul issues.

Abu’s improvement with the catch and shoot elbow jumper appears to be real. Our ability to play any two man combo of Yurt, Abu, and Kapita at FT time will untie a lot of stomach knots.

If we show well we will get a pass for losing to Illinois due to missing players

tractor57
    Participant

I think the big thing is we now have depth at every position. So if a player has an off night he can rest, if a player is not performing he can sit. One thing we can do most nights is go full out. I also see improvement in the players. Added to that they obviously like each other so they are more likely to make the extra pass. Even DSJ (who I thought came in with an attitude) seems to be rounding into shape.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Personally I still see the same defensive errors that plagued the team before feasting on crap competition as well as previous years. The good news is the cavity filled cupcake schedule is over and they get to show if improvement is real or Same as it ever was.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The general consensus here is fundamentally sound….

Most other programs in the ACC, GOTT all the same problems or worse…
    Most of them worse…

It’s Show and Tell Time for the WOLFPACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Heelh8r
    Participant

^Show me yours and I’ll show you mine.
    Truth is, we really don’t know what we GOTT…because we have not played anybody of note since we had our whole team and they have had a chance to play with each other.
    But I like our chances!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

8r — it’s way too early in the season to show all the cards… you know that…

besides takes the bluff off the table.

Gowolves
    Participant

The thing that stood out to me last night was the ES&D stares that the Turk laid on the opposition. I’m guessing playing up in age group across the pond he was tested. He’s Theodore Cleaver in appearance but he definitely has a Conrad Dobler streak. Perfect score on the SAT Math. He could probably be an Adjunct Professor in Orange County

I’ll be looking to see if Smith has really improved or the competition was just a lot weaker. I lean towards real improvement because his decision making / IQ has looked a lot stronger. I put the over/under on Kapita’s first technical foul at four road games.

I was glad to read that there was an issue that had Johnson sitting out last night. I thought Gott might have decided to shorten his rotation and leave MJ out.

I hope Rowan understands why his role is going to be reduced so much this year. Henderson and Dorn are just too solid for him to play dominant minutes unless we have foul issues.

Abu’s improvement with the catch and shoot elbow jumper appears to be real. Our ability to play any two man combo of Yurt, Abu, and Kapita at FT time will untie a lot of stomach knots.

If we show well we will get a pass for losing to Illinois due to missing players

Rowan had 21 minutes last night. Only two off the max of 23 I think. With the depth they have minutes will depend on how they are playing in that game with the match ups they have. Just because Mav hasn’t started doesn’t mean he wont get minutes. I will admit I am Mav apologist. I think he has a steady game that can’t be quantified.

Texpack
    Participant

I like Mav as well. Kid worked his tail off under very difficult circumstances last season and didn’t have quit’s address. It didn’t seem like he had that many minutes to me. Glad I was wrong.

BJD95
    Keymaster

MG is DEFINITELY subbing better/more effectively. I only pray he continues to do so (and with 9, including Markell) when the real games start. It’s the right way to go if we want to maintain our intensity and keep everyone involved.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

I think he will keep the 8 to 9 man rotation. We have never been deep enough to play this before so we will see but the bottom of the 8 to 9 man is Beejay and Kapita. Beejay can’t play too many minutes because of physical activity and Kapita fouls a bunch but is plenty talented. Also Yurt and Abu really play different positions than Beejay and Kapita.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

MG is DEFINITELY subbing better/more effectively.

We have never been deep enough to play… 9 deep….

Maybe there’s a third dimension to the substitution thing…

For the first time I can remember under GOTT and the last several coaches before him…
    We’ve GOTT five or six starters who don’t pout when they don’t play and we’ve GOTT four or five guys on the bench who don’t think they are better than the starters…

Wow… I can’t believe I just wrote that….

13OT
    Participant

The cupcake phase of the season is over. No more small schools to beat up at home. I’ve been to most of the home games so far, and there are some encouraging signs. But……….ACC play is upon us, and first up is a road game vs a team that is our equal but with a superior coach. That hasn’t worked very well in the past, but you play ’em anyway.

And as far as no Rider headlines in Thursday’s paper, I got no write-up in the N&O that day either, nor did I get a write-up in today’s paper, just a box score. It’s a sorry paper indeed that can’t even get an NCSU score, let alone a write-up, in next-day’s edition, on a game that ended at 9pm. And I don’t live 150 miles away on the beach; my house is in Raleigh, almost within walking distance of the locations where the paper is published and printed.

The N&O is one sorry piece of crap, all commentary and NO news if it happened after 6pm the previous day. So much for improved technology. But there’s plenty of print space to worship and adore their favorite Muslim.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think KH has proven he can play as many minutes as we need, even as a fat dude. So long as he’s not in foul trouble and properly motivated.

Hell, he ran back on the fast break and blocked a shot last last game. That was impressive, regardless of opponent.

Gowolves
    Participant

The cupcake phase of the season is over. No more small schools to beat up at home. I’ve been to most of the home games so far, and there are some encouraging signs. But……….ACC play is upon us, and first up is a road game vs a team that is our equal but with a superior coach. That hasn’t worked very well in the past, but you play ’em anyway.

And as far as no Rider headlines in Thursday’s paper, I got no write-up in the N&O that day either, nor did I get a write-up in today’s paper, just a box score. It’s a sorry paper indeed that can’t even get an NCSU score, let alone a write-up, in next-day’s edition, on a game that ended at 9pm. And I don’t live 150 miles away on the beach; my house is in Raleigh, almost within walking distance of the locations where the paper is published and printed.

The N&O is one sorry piece of crap, all commentary and NO news if it happened after 6pm the previous day. So much for improved technology. But there’s plenty of print space to worship and adore their favorite Muslim.

I think your white sheet is riding up your crack. Try going online getting the information you need. The days the N&O was worth reading was 30 plus years ago.

JeremyH
    Participant

9 deep is where it’s at, IMO, stealing time for Kirk/Hicks when useful (e.g., end of first half to avoid foul trouble). I think he definitely wants to play a deep team, some comments from the players like “we understand that our depth is our strength” reflects this. He’s also pretty strategically trying out different combinations.

About Mav, he’s a real streaky 3-point shooter, but honestly that describes all of our guards/wings except for Henderson thus far. Mav has more value than is obvious; can exploit matchups, now a nice in-between game, and has good size/BBIQ (except for occasional bonehead foul) combination. glue guy? something like that.

StateRed44
    Participant

I think your white sheet is riding up your crack. Try going online getting the information you need. The days the N&O was worth reading was 30 plus years ago.

NO LIBTARD “NEWS” PAPER WAS EVER WORTH READING, FULL STOP.

tractor57
    Participant

The Daniels family legancy exists even today. I thin maybe some one should John Deere the N&O

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.