Report: Rodon to #MLB on Monday

Home Forums All StateFansNation Report: Rodon to #MLB on Monday

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Carlos Rodon reportedly will join #WhiteSox Monday. SN's @ryanfagan has an in-depth look: http://t.co/NtxnnuHZtr pic.twitter.com/waeT2U4J8X—
    [See the full post at: Report: Rodon to #MLB on Monday]

Texpack
    Participant

As happy as I am for Rodon, I will always think about the Astros passing on him for some kid with a jacked up arm that they didn’t even sign. I was really looking forward to being able to watch him pitch in Houston.

13OT
    Participant

I wish Rodon the best and hope he wins a bundle of games.

But I simply HATE the White Sox, for one big reason I won’t go into because I’ll be called all kinds of names on here.

john of sparta
    Participant

WhiteSox/TommyJohn/Yankees.

blpack
    Participant

Best of luck to him, wish he had gone one pick later in the draft.

MP
    Participant

But I simply HATE the White Sox, for one big reason I won’t go into because I’ll be called all kinds of names on here.

Oh come on, say it out loud so we can all pile on and harass you! 🙂

TheCOWDOG

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Good luck in the Southside. Hope that changeup that he has been working on is effective as I am reading about it.

TheCOWDOG

More Sox for 13OT

MrPlywood
    Participant

Lots of Rodon buzz on the Sox Twitter: https://twitter.com/whitesox

and this:

Everything you need to know about White Sox pitching phenom Carlos Rodon

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/04/20/119405782/

Wufpacker
    Participant

Ol’ Espo really was young once, eh? I think he has those Jimmy V-esque “rugged good looks”, LMAO. (that’s a reference to V’s old story about the difference b/w himself and Joe Namath for those who mistakenly might think I’m calling V or Espo out for the ugly…as if I have any room to talk)

And and a pre-cut Tommy John too? You ‘Dog, you. I had forgotten he was a southsider.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

John Smoltz was on the radio the other talking about how he thinks he may be the last pitcher to get Tommy John surgery and make it into the Hall of Fame.

It wasn’t an ego thing, either. Smoltz was saying that pitchers are getting it too young now, and he absolutely hates seeing 17 year olds getting it. He says they will end up having repeated surgeries and shorter careers as a result, thus keeping them out of the Hall.

Pretty interesting opinion, IMO.

BAM
    Participant

Sweet. I drafted him in my keeper league this year for like $4.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Good for him.
    More info from this article: http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/119454126/left-hander-carlos-rodon-to-get-feet-wet-in-white-sox-bullpen

Am I the only one who thinks “North Carolina St” looks weird? Either NC State or North Carolina State.

TheCOWDOG

Yep. Looks very Belarusian.

If Rodon is able to locate that change up, he’ll years to his slider.

ryebread
    Participant

Rodon’s the most impressive pitching prospect that I’ve personally seen come through NC State. I hope he’s an All Star in MLB.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Coddling, Alpha, coddling…It’s the same in English and French, or even Belarusian…coddling..Tommy John pitched for 18 years after he underwent his namesake surgery. In those years, he went 182-147..He routinely threw 200 innings plus, hurling an amazing 276.1 innings in 1979, just four years after he got the bionic arm, then he followed that up in 1980 with a paltry 265.1 IP. The problem is that the coddling starts way, way, way too young..That’s just my take.

redwolf87
    Participant

I go home tonight after a day at the salt mines and stop about 9:30 at the local megasports bar. During my visit I look up and I see the name “Rodon” on the screen. Cleveland batting in the top of the 6th. Bases loaded.

Fastball looks good. He gives up a moderately hit single to left to some guy on a five game hitting streak for Cleveland that scores two. Got the slider going against the next “lefty” batter and saws him off on a week grounder to 3rd to end the inning.

Didn’t see him come in but I imagine he won’t get charged with any runs, judging from the pitch count (he must have come in right before I noticed he was in).

redwolf87
    Participant

OK. He didn’t get charged with runs in the 6th but now he has two of his own in the 7th.

Wufpacker
    Participant

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-carlos-rodon-white-sox-debut-20150422-story.html

Rodon said he went right to sleep Tuesday night after he gave up two runs on three hits, walked three and struck out one in his first appearance out of the Sox bullpen. He showed up to the Sox clubhouse Wednesday minus the mustache he wore for his debut — “change the juju up,” he said with a hint of superstition — and already was talking about moving on.

“I’m ready to get back on the mound, man,” he said.

That’s undoubtedly an answer the Sox wanted to hear from the prized youngster, whom Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said gets a “mulligan” for a moment unlike any other in a pitcher’s career.

“There was nothing where we wanted it last night,” Cooper said. “He threw more balls than strikes. I’m sure it had a lot to do with it, the nerves. He wasn’t finishing his pitches, was standing straight up at the end. I think the moment was a big moment.”

TheCOWDOG

I see he wears the Double Nickel on his back.

To the best of my recollections, only Hershiser and Linecum made a career out of that from the hill.

Hope he finds Juju with it.

TheCOWDOG

…Wait(says the guy with no edit, freaking button)

Kevin Appier and Ramon Hernandez had long careers with the speed limit sign, too.

tjfoose1
    Participant

The Seattle Boz was a 55. Not that it fits.

TheCOWDOG

It most certainly does not fit, ‘Foose.

Bad juju. Meh…coming from you, ya probably just squared the mojo up just by pulling a random.

F#ck. Now someone has to come in and reverse my post.

highstick
    Participant

Too cold and windy to be playing baseball in Chicago. Left there Tuesday AM and spent the night with snow flurries in Madoson, WI with a pack of badgers.

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.