Reading the Tea Leaves….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Reading the Tea Leaves….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

From WRAL/NBC
    Moxley gets a promotion.,..

Buried in this story is this little surprise…
    Derrick Whittenburg was promoted late last year…
    something that went unnoticed as best I can remember here at SFN…

OK… pick one…

1. GOTT to shuffle the staff to save job…
    2. GOTT to hire two assistant coaches… one for recruiting, one for defense…
    3. People come and people go and you shouldn’t hold a “good” man back…
    4. All of the Above
    5. None of the Above….

What say ye, O Wise Ones ??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

I’m gonna go with 5.
    Change in title…nothing more.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Wuf…. I’m leaning towards #4… but will wait on the “more knowledgeable ones” to chime in before forming a conclusion….

Regardless of that…
    Looking on the bright side… the fact is…
    We have the opportunity to hire two assistant coaches who could be game changers…

If you aint’ GOTT IT , you GOTT to Go For IT….

Go BIG or Go Home….

I wonder where Lutz’s name will surface this off season as somebody’s head coach ??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    pakfanistan
    Participant

So, let’s say we’re looking for one or two assistants? Who would be candidates?

choppack1
    Participant

Am I the only one who thinks that something like this won’t work?

This isn’t football where the personnel is strictly divided. Heck, part of the problem is the way Gott’s own players perceive where his passion lies. Don’t get me wrong. I am glad someone realizes there is a problem… At least I hope someone in power does and hopefully they don’t think it’s strictly a talent issue.

redisgood
    Participant

A backward step for Moxley, but this was a move that was made purely for health reasons. The man needed to get away from the rigors of travel and recruiting. A nice gesture by Gott and the university to do this.

StateFans
    Keymaster

More along the lines of #5. Whitt was moved to knew role before the season even started. He’s just not one of Gott’s guys. Moxley had the health issue, so this move makes some sense.

Gottfried wanted/tried to bring in Dina Gaudio when he was first pulling together the staff five years ago. I feel like that would be a great move again if he could pull it off.

General speaking, I don’t see ANY move with assistants really impacting Gottfried’s/State’s porous defensive philosophy. Gott has coached for 25 years with the exact same poor defensive results.

tractor57
    Participant

Would that be Dino? I know not of Dina. Maybe Dino’s twin sister?

Rick
    Keymaster

Am I the only one who thinks that something like this won’t work?

This isn’t football where the personnel is strictly divided. Heck, part of the problem is the way Gott’s own players perceive where his passion lies. Don’t get me wrong. I am glad someone realizes there is a problem… At least I hope someone in power does and hopefully they don’t think it’s strictly a talent issue.

This. Gott does not care about having a good defensive team. It’s evidenced by his “They gotta guard us too pal” philosophy. IWe are simply not going to win consistently without good defense. An assistant can teach defensive fundamentals but if Gott doesn’t put the emphasis on it, it won’t matter. I think best case is we bring in someone who can develop big men.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Dino, Gott and Avent. Holy crap, look at N Raleigh. If nothing else hiring Dino would be entertaining.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.