Random bowl season, nfl, nba, ncaabb chatter (and MLB)

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Random bowl season, nfl, nba, ncaabb chatter (and MLB)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

Whatever jockey was riding Solomon Thomas today down the home stretch against the Holes deserves major awards..Wow..

YogiNC
    Participant

Thomas IS A BEAST! Damn I hope the Steelers can get him. LOL.

As for the tree… Here ya go BOTB…

Stanford tree

Smarter than the average bear

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Thanks Yogi..

Next up…

Whiner Bowl…

Jimbo v. Jim

NOLES should prevail in a Home Game …
    in spite of the whining…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

NOLES come out Hot on both sides of the ball…
    ‘cept for the kickreturn guy…

little wolves shaking their heads…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Well, I guess Meeeechigan doesn’t want us staying up late tonight. Sure have been some poop games this week…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

NOT the same FSU team we whipped for 3 1/2 quarters 2 months ago in Carter Finley…
    or that lost to the HOLES who we BEAT BAD a month ago…

Welcome to the ACC little wolves…

BJD95
    Keymaster

This is why one doesn’t bet on these bad mamajamas. I have no clue how one figures out (without insider info that gets your femurs relocated) who is motivated to be there and/or feels slighted but is playing with a chip on their shoulder (instead of mailing it in).

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

you’re right Beej…

but on one level..
    it’s doesn’t matter who cheated…
    or who went to class or who didn’t…
    or anything else off the field…

On the field it’s a matter of …
    Game Plans
    Adjustments
    Big Plays
    and
    Who Wants To Win…

I watch the games and try to ignore the rest..
    except with the HOLES, who off field antics, esp. at the Mgmt level are ‘quite entertaining’….
    #thestorythatneverends
    #cheatersalsoliethrutheirteeth

coyotejoe
    Participant

Nice to see that the last two losses of the season for the holes were to two Red and White teams with a Block “S” on the helmet.
    Extra nice to see a loss after the headline in the N&O that stated something to the effect of “The Sun Bowl was not one of their goals”…haha

choppack1
    Participant

So state did a better job of shutting down dLvin cook than Michigan did.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Awwwwww, I just care so much about their widdle goals and how vewwy disappoint they all are. Just breaks my f-ckin’ heart, I tell ya…

BJD95
    Keymaster

It kills me that both of these jackhole programs can’t lose tonight. At least one of them will be heartbroken, eh??

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

JImbo and the NOLES find creative ways to make game interesting….
    Nothing sucks like a Big Orange.

choppack1
    Participant

Great game last night in the orange bowl, sans the useless commentary by Steve Levy – we get it Jabril Peppers scratched at the last minute – it’s not the Cuban missile crisis.

Watching these games it’s obvious that a) we had a defense that was amongst the strongest in the country, especially in the dl and lbs b) our offense had a ton of talent c) given a and b we had the potential to be a top 25 team (and I might go as far as to say, potentially Top 15.)

I will also note that the Canes got it together at the end of the year and look poised to break through next year.

We blew an opportunity for a very fun year, next year, the sledding will be just as though. Hopefully, the team addresses the weaknesses in some form or fashion in the off-season.

YogiNC
    Participant

As I watched UNX try to comeback on the cardinal something occurred to me and I’m going to lay it out here.

When a team is in the two minute drill instead of doing the STUPID prevent win defense (that IS what IT IS) why not jam the receivers at the line. Run the normal 4 down linemen and jam ’em or even hold them. If you get a holding penalty or pass interference so what, it’s better than giving up a 20 or 30 yarder. Who knows, you may not get the penalty, the time runs off the clock AND you may get a big sack OR you may get an interception. It would sure beat watching the other team just march down the field chewing up 20 yards at a crack. OK, I’m sure lot’s of folks will poke holes in this one. Have at it.

Smarter than the average bear

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Interesting matchup in the Citrus bowl of finesse Louisville offense vs smash mouth LSU D. Physicality winning out early on.

Gowolves
    Participant

UNC and Duke losing in second half. If that continues (which I hope it does) that is the first time I can remember they both lost on the same day in conference play. Both opening ACC games for both as well I think.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^wouldn’t that be something special…

Gowolves
    Participant

Duke is getting their as* handed to them. Va Tech may surprise some people this year.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I thought for sure that Dook would have reinstated the Daytripper for the first ACC game. Let’s see if tendencies catch up to VT or GT.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Both of the Blues are playing on the Road…
    that limits some of their end=of=game playbook….

Dook in deep trouble….
    Holes still GOTT their lucky horseshoe up their arses… but time is running down…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… and there you have it….
    BALLGAME!

Dook goes down by 14…
    Holes go down by 12…

Smoke If You GOTT ’em!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Two evil empires lose in one day. unx football loses yesterday. All that’s left is for the Pack to TCB this afternoon and the year will have ended on a nice note.

And Go Packers! – primed to run the table.

Rick
    Keymaster

Muleless Duke lost to vt. Got beat down actually

BJD95
    Keymaster

Whoever sacrificed the chicken did mighty good work for humanity. Huzzah!!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.