Pro Combat Helmet designs

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pro Combat Helmet designs

Tagged: ,

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

I thought you might be interested in this look at the Nike pro combat alternative helmet designs. As an old fogey who prefers a more traditional look,
    [See the full post at: Pro Combat Helmet designs]

44fan

I like the single wolf or the block letter “S”…. Prefer the block “S”…Hate the three wolves…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gotta be honest, the red helmets from this past season were better than all of these for me. Plus, we won a lot when wearing them. I’ve never been a fan of the three wolves from the start.

Pack92
    Participant

Block S all the way for us. MAYBE a shot at the wolf head but not the red one. Were there 18 designs for the holes? Didn’t they leave out the one with the old well on it? Good Lord.

Is that Foghorn Leghorn on the VT helmet?

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I liked the BC Eagle wing design and the FSU arrowhead design. I even liked the Heels blue helmet with the foot on it. Some of the rest were OK. Most of them seem too gaudy to me. I liked this year’s red helmets also. Of the above designs for us, I liked the red facemask, but wasn’t too thrilled with any of the helmet designs. At 30, I wouldn’t say I’m too old and definitely not a fogey.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

^^ Good call on Foghorn Leghorn. There’s a good concept idea: Looney Tunes versions of helmets.

zwolf

Ralph Wolf even has a red nose:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_and_Sheepdog

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Not in a box, not with a fox,not in house, not with a mouse”. “I would not like them here or there, I would not like them anywhere”

LifeLongWolf
    Participant

I dig ’em. Three wolves is the worst, but I really like the ‘Strutting Wolf’ ones.

Wufpacker
    Participant

As with everything else I’ve ever seen it on, the three drowned rats logo needs to go. Would that we could turn back time and keep the parents of whomever came up with that logo from ever meeting. We should see if UNevada wants to buy the exclusive rights to that one.

As far as these helmets, I’m usually pretty traditional and was actually surprised to find that I liked many of them. As far as ours, the black with the red block S is probably my favorite.

I’d actually love to see us wear some like the red ones from this past year, but with a flat red paint rather than the gloss. Okie State’s flat black looked pretty sharp I thought.

redcanine
    Participant

What’s up with the oversized logos that are too big for the helmet? And why does everything have such a gray/smokey hue to it? A couple of them look okay, but that’s probably luck.

LRM
    Keymaster

I’m sure Adidas is a big fan of the Nike Pro Combat helmets.

Plz2BStateFan
    Participant

^^ bigger logos off center or falling of the edge of the helmets is a good look.

Actually, I think VT’s selection is probably the worst out of all of them. UVA’s is pretty bad too.

Having said that, nothing about ours really catches the eye other than the grey helmet with the red block S.

Im telling you, I want to see a matte red helmet with whatever design. That grey helmet with red S block would look good without the shine.

Sweet jumper
    Participant

If I have to pick one, the block S, but I am too old school to want any of these over the traditional designs. Great call on the foghorn leghorn design for VaTech! Definitely do not know how they left out the Old Well in the multiple(more than anyone else) options for UNCCHeat.lol Maybe they could place images of Swoffia or BMFCD on the sides of their helmets.

NCSU88
    Participant

Waste of money. Use what we already have.

WIFF

“As with everything else I’ve ever seen it on, the three drowned rats logo needs to go.”

Seriously! Can we get this removed from all materials related to NC State. I was under the impression that this logo was not official anymore anyway.

GotNCState

I’m Game. I like them.

ncsustash

Pretty half a55ed photoshop work. Just take a logo, over size it and don’t show more than one angle.

wolfbuff
    Participant

I don’t like the 3-wolf design. What I think would look cool is the wolf on the rock howling, like the statue in side the stadium. Of the 3, I like the block S one the best.

eas
    Participant

The 3 wolves helmet is AWFUL. The othe 2 are acceptable but not good in my view. The simple Red helmets we have are my favorite. I prefer the Penn State/Alabama style helmets. They never get old or out of style. I am not an old fogey but my gosh the new helmets are terrible. I have always thought UM has the worst

TheCOWDOG

For a lid that’s supposed to be outside the box, these guys missed bigtime.

I’m not fond of the ” wolf eyes ” per se, but incorporated into a silver lid might be alright.

Or, as wolfbuff suggests, the statue at the Murphy Center main entrance.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am fine with messing around with the color scheme, black unis, etc.

But please, for the love of God, don’t screw with the block S. It’s the only traditional NC State marker that I hold sacred.

state73
    Participant

The important thing is are these helmets any safer than the old helmets and do they stay on the players head any better. Entirely too many helmets coming off during play. Hate the 3 wolves design. Stick to the block S or the strutting wolf.

WolfBlood
    Participant

Please no 3 wolf design, thats the worst State logo in the history of all logo’s.

Why is there a link to UNC business school on this page?

YogiNC
    Participant

OOOOoooo…how about a matte black with the block S across the back and the wolf eyes across the front?

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.