Previewing North Carolina

Home Forums All StateFansNation Previewing North Carolina

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bsim412
    Participant

Wednesday has the potential to be a huge day for NC State Basketball. Two years ago, NC State defeated both Duke and North Carolina at home as The Pac
    [See the full post at: Previewing North Carolina]

redisgood
    Participant

I’m hearing Paige has a bad foot, so that is something someone like Cat may be able to exploit. It might also make them more reluctant to press when he’s on the floor.

You’re right about our bigs. If they can bring it like they did against Duke, then it will be a long night for the criminals. Carolina has more size down low than Duke though, so it will be a tougher challenge.

Also, Carolina has not defended the perimeter very well this year, so hopefully Turner and Lacey have their shot working for them. They are going to get plenty of chances I think.

I always figured we would lose to Duke, then beat Carolina. I was pleasantly surprised on Sunday, and am sticking with my prediction for Wednesday. 78-69 for the good guys.

spintk
    Participant

They may not have a #1 NBA draft pick on their roster, but are definitely deeper and super athletic across the board. Will be tough if we can’t defend without fouling. Refs let both teams play in the first half of the Duke game, and hopefully that happens again.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… two things rumored to going on with the Foot…

plantar fasititis … whatever that is…
    and an ankle sprain…

Regardless I’d plan on Paige being 100-100% Wednesday night…

Now whether he has any feeling in that foot Wednesday night or not…
    that’s a different question…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

Plantar fasciitis is the connective tissue between the heel of your foot and your toes. It forms the arch and is very painful when inflamed. Pain killers can mask further damage. So Paige, when the german from the Raiders of the Lost Ark walks in with his black bag and the really long syringe, you might want to take pause. Roy doesn’t give a —- about your future NBA earnings, he just wants to win at all costs.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Fastback68
    Participant

^ LOL WP, that’s the same scene when Roy walks into Mark Emmert’s office. Paige’s injury is pretty common and if it was severe he wouldn’t be walking around at all. The physical therapy exercises were not that bad. However, it was like stepping on a sharpened, electrified screwdriver when the therapist kneaded the arch of my foot. A decade later, I still feel painful tinges now and then which gives one the hops. My wife finds it amusing. I’m not complaining as there are far worse afflictions in the world. I want Paige on the floor so there are no excuses for UNX.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… the ankle sprain may be more troublesome Wednesday night

Cortisone and a good pair of custom inserts will do what’s needed for the other…

Miscellaneous Sports Trivia Question:

How many NBA players wear high dollar custom orthopedic inserts in their sneakers every time they lace up?

60% is what my Foot Doctor told me when I GOTT mine…
    and they work.
    :}

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MP
    Participant

Is this supposed to be a Main Page post? The full post is not showing up…

ncsu_kappa
    Participant

^^ MP I can’t find the original post either

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Vegas Consensus: Cheats -3.5 Opened -3

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Damn Dook! Thanks a lot….jerks. Now you’ve become an expected home win for us.

Need a 20 point blow out of the Cheaters….something that is perceived by the light blue a$$ sucking bandwagon as impossible to accomplish since, despite facts, the Cheats are the best team in the history of the entire world….nay…universe.

To SEEM rather than to BE!

GO PACK,

Fastback68
    Participant

I know Miami is a solid team but to the previous victor go the spoils -> Duke lost twice to State.

PapaJohn
    Participant

“Paige’s game winning lay-up with milliseconds left on the clock at PNC last year still haunts me.”

Me too – was there – went from screaming to stone cold dead inside in one second.

Hard to imagine us playing as well as we did Sunday twice in a row.

Cautious optimism.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.