Previewing NC State’s Upcoming ACC Basketball Games

Home Forums All StateFansNation Previewing NC State’s Upcoming ACC Basketball Games

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Bsim412
    Participant

After a frustrating loss to Cincinnati yesterday at PNC Arena, The Wolfpack need to bounce back desperately on Saturday when Pittsburgh comes to Ralei
    [See the full post at: Previewing NC State’s Upcoming ACC Basketball Games]

ancsu87
    Participant

Nice write-up and lead into upcoming critical games.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… if it’s just the same…
    I’d rather not… just take one game at a time as they come…

But Bsim412 keep the good stuff coming….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    blpack
    Participant

Saturday is a huge game for the Pack. Start there and build mo, but tough games are ahead. We need to beat Ole Roy at least one more time before he departs.

NCSU84
    Participant

I was at PNC for both the LA Tech and Cincy games. Unless there is some DRASTIC change, I do not see too many ACC wins. Gott can get prepared for his first NIT.

Wulfpack
    Participant

This Pitt game looms large. We’ve been playing very poor basketball of late and need to buck the trend to hope for any kind of successful season. We won’t beat UVA, Duke, or UNC. Starting out 2-3 is a lot better than 1-4. If it is 1-4, it’s curtains.

Rick
    Keymaster

If we thought wvu was putting pressure on us, wait until the groping we will get from Duke and uva.
    Our play will have to improve to even go 1-3.

Texpack
    Participant

If we go .500 in conference Gott should be the national coach of the year. It’s going to be a long ugly season in the ACC.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I predicted 10-8, because that would be the most unexpected (yet still NC State-y) outcome after the 30 December abortion. Seriously, just who the hell knows.

Also not convinced by UVA. Still expect an early tourney flameout.

ancsu87
    Participant

^ I agree regarding UVa but maybe for a different reason. Against some teams in the ACC they will not be allowed to play their defense the way they have so far this season. They are not respected by Swoffy

Wulfpack
    Participant

UVA is going to crush us, easily.

PapaJohn
    Participant

Not sure why everyone seems so down on Kyle. He’s 4th in scoring (leads the bigs), 2nd in rebounding and 2nd in blocked shots, and 3rd in free throw percentage (behind Dez and RT). Heck, he’s 2-5 from 3PT! Trevor is the only one with a better 3PT %.
    Granted, he’s still only a sophomore and plays like one sometimes – but none of the bigs are upperclassmen. I think the potential far outweighs the negatives, and with those stats – who should start in front of him?

I predict, barring injury, Kyle leads the bigs in minutes the rest of the season. It just makes sense. Nard can’t catch or score, BeeJay is improving but didn’t play enough last year – so a lot of catch up to do. And Abu (who I love) is still a freshman – but I agree should get plenty of court time. He is athletic, can shoot, but needs to learn defense and rebounding. He is a defensive liability now.

I think you have to start Kyle and Nard, just like we did to start the season.

PapaJohn
    Participant

“UVA is going to crush us, easily”

If you have watched them play, you would agree. Bennett is one heck of a coach.
    Not sure I will even attend that one, it will be ugly to watch and we will get our butts kicked.

Rick
    Keymaster

UVA is going to crush us, easily.

Crush, beat, grab, push, elbow, etc

I hate playing uva

redisgood
    Participant

A frustrated Gottfried hinted at lineup changes after the Cinci loss, and I would be shocked if we didn’t see some. I think we may see Turner come off the bench and Caleb starting in his place. I also wonder if Abu has displaced Beejay at the 5 spot.

Cat, Lacey, Caleb, Kyle, and Abu would be a far more energetic lineup to start the game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.