Preparing for the Tomahawk Chopping

Home Forums StateFans Football Preparing for the Tomahawk Chopping

Tagged: ,

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Andrea Adelson — ESPN Staff Writer

NC State defensive end Bradley Chubb after video showed him spitting on the Florida State midfield logo after the game:

“I don’t remember doing that. I always spit when I’m playing football. It wasn’t intentional at all.”

7-11 HA!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Pack78
    Participant

A perfect day-Dook over the Cheats 27-17-our DL should eat them alive…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Damn right ’78

POP!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

A perfect day

Damn right ’78

POP!!!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Wise should be feeling pretty good right now. I didn’t see the first FG, but the second looked solid. Granted they were “only” 24 and 30 yds, but 3 is 3.

YogiNC
    Participant

Pack’s got this…34-21. Coyote Joe almost nailed it!

Hmmm Pack in 3rd in our division, UNX in LAST. LASTLASTLAST!

Smarter than the average bear

YogiNC
    Participant

And BTW.. Chief Semi-Hole never got to take out his tomahawk. He was so deprived.

What was that old sayin’ Bobby came up with? Lose by a lot, lose by a little, win by a little, win by a lot. Here’s to the possibilities. I don’t think the Lou steals our lunch box this year.

Smarter than the average bear

Fastback68
    Participant

Where is Tex?? I caught the end of the Houston game.

ryebread
    Participant

Great win today. I thought the team played solid fundamental football and executed a good game plan on both sides of the ball. Talent wise, I thought both teams looked very similar, which speaks to our player development and S&C. Go Pack!

coyotejoe
    Participant

Pack’s got this…34-21. Coyote Joe almost nailed it!

Hmmm Pack in 3rd in our division, UNX in LAST. LASTLASTLAST!

Yogi, when we had the ball on the last possession, I was yelling at the TV hoping that they would break a long touchdown, but I’ll take the knee-down for the win!

Texpack
    Participant

wow. I hate that targeting rule in general. I like the outcome for us, but man that’s tough when the guy is trying to make a clean play.

Watched the DVR after getting home from UH-TT so I’m commenting now as I read the game thread.
    They have to do something about this rule. Pass rushers who raise their arms to try to deflect a pass and then “make contact above the shoulders” get called for this when there is nothing malicious or dangerous about these “hits”.

Texpack
    Participant

Just make ’em work for whatever they get…

THREE minutes to go!

GO PACK!

The blocked kick would have felt much worse live than it did knowing the outcome. I was talking to the oldest kid who had texted “please hold on” at some point late in the game when I didn’t have service as the blocked kick happened on the DVR. He said he really got a sinking feeling when that happened

GoldenChain
    Participant

I think we should just go to flag football and do away with all these had injuries….

Texpack
    Participant

Where is Tex?? I caught the end of the Houston game.

I was at the Houston game. Came home and watched the first quarter of our game before getting in my mile swim and watching the rest of the Pack. Coogs looked awful. 5 TO’s did them in.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I think we should just go to flag football and do away with all these had injuries….

Nah bro, amassing brain damage and risking permanent physical disability for the glory of a modern entertainment vehicle is manly, or whatever.

McCallum
    Participant

Speaking of brain damage, I was at the uga/Miss State game.

Georgia has the dumbest bunch of idiot fans I’ve ever seen. Odd combination of metrosexual Atlanta cosmopolitans/dumb local yokel slack jawed high school dropout mixed with rap music. The section I was in (133) complains about every call and every play.

I’d like to see Florida beat them so 90% of the people in the state heads would explode.

McCallum

rthomas44
    Participant

Mac, I thought you loved the “Agarian” South?

rthomas44
    Participant

My bad…Agrarian

Fastback68
    Participant

So the bulldogs are legit? The butch hate is off the charts. The Vols dl is getting gouged by every run attack.

McCallum
    Participant

Mac, I thought you loved the “Agarian” South?

It produces an admirable culture and civilization.

What I described about uga is anything but agrarian.

Not sure of your point other than you wish to get the horns.

McCallum

rthomas44
    Participant

No other point… the good usually comes with the bad.

McCallum
    Participant

Good and bad do run along side together.

The problem, to up end your undertones, is that it is not represented in equal parts.

Kind of like crime rates in communities.

McCallum

ryebread
    Participant

Nah bro, amassing brain damage and risking permanent physical disability for the glory of a modern entertainment vehicle is manly, or whatever.

I tend to agree with Packi on this one. I think football as many recognize it may be a dying game. There’s no way I’d let my kids play — granted they’re not the demographic that would ever play at a high level.

choppack1
    Participant

From a participation level this started in my generation with the advent of integration….and poof soccer became very popular (again, from a participation standpoint.)

However, it will be interesting to see if middle / upper class white suburbanite families continue to participate so heavily in the sport if it becomes more diverse and the athletes become faster, bigger and stronger. Girls youth soccer has already had to change rules to minimize headers.

It’s also interesting that no one seems to care about hockey players – who have demonstrated similar risks to NFL in terms of concussions and violent / self destructive behavior that mirrors their NFL counter parts. I am not sure if the football Nazis think football families are too dumb to make their own decisions or they don’t care about hockey players.

I guess we are living in interesting times.

I will also say this: most “extreme/individual” sports are every bit as dangerous as football…skiing, skateboarding, biking all carry life threatening risks. 2 years ago, I was terrified and feared the worst when my son hit a concrete wall going about 20 miles an hour down a steep driveway. It was miraculous that he wasn’t seriously hurt.

rthomas44
    Participant

I agree also, and if Cam Newton is any indication of a “high level” the game will die sooner than later.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.