Pissing off Georgia fans

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pissing off Georgia fans

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

So I’m eating in a restaurant in Clayton Georgia tonight. (Fortify, excellent BTW)

Food excellent, nice stout to drink, steak slightly bloody, jokes are flowing then suddenly the place goes quiet.

“Why did it get quiet?” I say.

And the place got quiet fast, like a rat pissing on cotton.

Lady beside me says, “Vince Dooley just walked in.”(she is pointing)

Me, “who the hell is Vince Dooley?”

My fan club grew tonight.

McCallum

44rules
    Participant

Glad you could get a good meal and a nice stout. Sorry you’re in Clayton. Which stout, by the way?

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

highstick
    Participant

My congratulations! Most are too dense to come in(and get off of the metal bleachers) during a lightning storm!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

McCallum
    Participant

Clayton Ga > Clayton NC

Bell’s Kalamazoo Stout, I thought it was damn good.

McCallum

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Was Barb with him?

McCallum
    Participant

I guess. Vince and a lady, I have no reason to assume it was anyone other than his wife.

I expect he was at the house on Lake Burton and drove up 76 to grab a bite. His house is up near the 76 bridge, we are down near Billy Goat Island.

The UGA folks are unc to me in many ways. The prickish Atlanta cabal is the real pain in the a$$ crowd and of course there is the masses which never attended.

Women with G tattooed on their calves, klassy.

McCallum

natediggity
    Participant

McCallum
    I’m a long time visitor to this website and first time posting. I see you are in Rabun county. I’m a NC native now living in Habersham. Maybe we can get together sometime as Wolfpack fans are few and far between in these parts.

44rules
    Participant

Nate, there’s a pretty active Wolfpack Club in Atlanta. They have a Facebook page.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

natediggity
    Participant

Thanks 44
    I’ll check it out.

McCallum
    Participant

McCallum
    I’m a long time visitor to this website and first time posting. I see you are in Rabun county. I’m a NC native now living in Habersham. Maybe we can get together sometime as Wolfpack fans are few and far between in these parts.

I’m guessing you graduated from App State and your family were long time State folks.

I spend my days swilling beer in Clarkesville, beating speed traps on 441 outside of Demorest, buying Wild Turkey in Mt Airy, and writing books on Presbyterian financial acumen.

McCallum

natediggity
    Participant

I’m a state grad (agronomy/turf) that hails from the glitz and glamour of northeast NC. I happened to stumble across a sweet Georgia peach and the rest is history

McCallum
    Participant

Northeast NC eh?

Ever seen the old canals around Roanoke Rapids?

Old agronomy man here as well.

McCallum

wirogers
    Participant

Natediggity, a word of caution about McCallum, he is a great man but will scare the History and English teachers in the area as he corrects the swill they were brain washed with in the liberal Humanities classes.

Northeast NC, so you do not wear socks and know what a Chicken Mull is?

And his knowledge of Agronomy is more than learned in the text books of Williams Hall. Summers were the best way to learn the ‘Rest of the Story’.

Pano Fasoulas
    Participant

McCallum, I love Rabun County and Lake Burton. My Great Great Grandfather’s farm is in the bottom of Lake Burton. I spend a week on the Lake every July. See lots of UGA, Bama, and Clemson flags on the boat houses. I’m always on the lookout for a State one. I knew Saban has a house there. But, was unaware that Vince Dooley did.

TheCOWDOG

Agro shmagro.
    What are the hedges I played between at Sanford?

Nobody wants to own up to Horto peeps that say they’re from China.

Everyone that has played there knows yer gonna get f#^@ked between ’em, though.

Chinese Bandits?

McCallum
    Participant

Pano,

Saban had two houses. The first one has the lighthouse and it is near the middle of the lake. I saw people there last week so I’m not sure if he unloaded it. His 2nd house is near the first, veer to the left coming from the dam and it is out there. About 15,000-20,000 sq ft.

Alan Jackson is there as well.

Dooley has been there a long time. Word is his wife is a real piece of work when it comes to paying contractors.

Burton was once covered with locals and their summer cabins. Those days are over except for a very few. It is nearly all Atlanta and they have brought Atlanta with them. I’d fly a State flag at ours but I’m still pissed at how hard the institution made it on me at every turn.

Nate,

When did you graduate?

wirogers is just jealous. His idea of fusion cooking is burbon and boiled peanuts.

THECowdog,

Sweetness was being at the Georgia-Tenn game last year. UGA got the big play with about 15 seconds left then had a 15 yard celebration penalty followed by an offside on the kickoff. 20 yards handed right to Tenn and then the Hail Mary to flush them by Tenn.

No dumber team in the land than UGA.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

I’m in Vidalia tonight. Sleeping on top of the sheets.

McCallum

natediggity
    Participant

McCallum
    I graduated 2005, never ventured much across that part of the Roanoke. Spent a lot of time on the scenic Chowan

Wirogers
    Fashion says sperrys are best worn without socks especially on warm summer nights with a cold beer in hand while shagging away to one of eastern NCs beach music bands
    As for chicken mull,know what it is but never ate much of it. However rockfish muddle is very similar and quite tasty. Most boiled chicken recipes were for chicken and pastry or Brunswick stew which is a staple at all Pig Pickens along with the classic eastern vinegar based sauce. Spicy and tangy with a touch of sweet!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ya’ll want to piss off Jawja fans…

Just tell ’em their Q ain’t worth a damn and then prove it to ’em by giving some of yours ….

Don’t know if it’s still open, but Harold’s in South Atlanta was famous for Q back in the day…
    but was probably some of the worst I ever tasted…

That said, one of the best football games I ever saw was ‘tween the hedges…
    Herchell was a Jr. or Sr. and Auburn had a freshman named Bo, I think…

Of course Larry Munson was on the microphone that day…

Final 10-7 – Dogs

Yeah Nate, I’m still married to an Atlanta girl who happened to go to St.Mary’s…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wirogers
    Participant

I agree with the stew, actually learned a few of the Yankees in PA that stew is best with eastern NC Que. Finally got enough to learn the differences in Q to get a local joint to change their ‘NC Pork Q’ (The worst tasting bull dung I have ever had) to only ‘Park Q’ on their menu. The owner says he was from Duplin County and it was their recipe, needless to say, he would have been run out of town with that mess.

Never learned to drink a beer, a nice family recipe or Bourbon works fine for me. Last weekend when back at the farm finally decided where the family still is going to be resurrected. Now I wished I had grandpa’s recipe so I will have to start on a new one. Any ideas out there?

natediggity
    Participant

Wife is a UGA grad and we tailgate often in Athens. Wife goes into the games while I sit out in the parking lot cooking whole hogs, drinking cold beer and watching the Pack on the dish.

The Georgia natives can’t seem to get enough of the real “Q” especially with my “secret competition ” sauce

44rules
    Participant

Pano,

wirogers is just jealous. His idea of fusion cooking is burbon and boiled peanuts.

What’s wrong with bourbon and boiled peanuts?

Pack78
    Participant

I am the son of a GT grad and have two brothers that matriculated at the North Avenue Trade School in ATL as well…football Saturdays were spent listening to the Jackets or occasionally going to a game. Despised the Dawgs and Larry Munson almost since the time I could talk…the hatred transferred to the Cheats very easily upon matriculating to State-UGA is still in the #2 position.

Fastback68
    Participant

My dad went to GT at the age of 16. Graduated in 49-50.

Locked down my briskets at 7am before reading this thread. Hongry now.

highstick
    Participant

McCallum

I’m guessing you graduated from App State and your family were long time State folks.

I spend my days swilling beer in Clarkesville, beating speed traps on 441 outside of Demorest, buying Wild Turkey in Mt Airy, and writing books on Presbyterian financial acumen.

McCallum

Your reference to Demorest reminded me of a couple or 3 weeks working in Demorest and Cornelia doing due dilgence on a business sale 15 years or so ago. Can’t remember the restaurant in one of those towns, but the fried chicken was good!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.