Pete Thomas checks out

Home Forums StateFans Football Pete Thomas checks out

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Royal Wulff
    Participant

According to ESPN, Thomas is moving on.

packbackr04
    Participant

sad for him to go, but face it, he wasnt that good and he really doesnt fit Doerens system at all. Best of luck to him. Hope he gets a shot to play somewhere next yr since he will be graduating, he wont have to sit out a yr to play his final year of eligibility.

Texpack
    Participant

I feel for a kid that transfers to the home of the 4 yard crossing route only to have a change that makes your new home a running QB kind of place. I hope he finds a good place to spend his final season. I admire the fact that he didn’t piss and moan and become Mr. Negative. He sucked it up and will probably handle his first poor work situation a whole lot better for having gone through this.

tjfoose1
    Participant

“I’m proud that I will earn my degree from such a great university.”

tractor57
    Participant

It is understandable that it is time to explore other options. Nothing but good to say about his character. Too bad he was caught in the coaching staff change. I wish only the best for Pete.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Wish the best for him … seems like a good guy, and he gave it his best with a good attitude this past season.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

.. I’m betting Mr. Thomas’s time spent around Hillsborough Street will pay off handsomely in whatever career he chooses…

I’ve told all of my kids when they went off to school….
    “50% of what you ought to learn at a ‘great university’ is the people you meet. Now get out there and shake some hands!”

And who could find fault when all the kid did was bust his A%% every day under very difficult circumstances.

Go Pete !!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    JKL
    Participant

Good for Pete – can’t see I didn’t see this coming. However, more importantly, what does this mean for QB succession? Would have liked to see Pete stay and back up Jacoby next year and allow McClendon to RS.

Understand they have different QB styles (not even sure Pete’s > a mediocre pocket passer), but would have loved to see Jacoby start for 2 years then hand off to McClendon as a RS Soph… Any chance for a backup transfer?:)

Am I crazy to say – if we need to play the backup next year – play a walk on, RS McClendon, and sacrifice next year for the greater good 3-4 years into Doeren’s program? The alternative would be to start a true freshman that otherwise wouldn’t be able to start until year 3 anyway since Jacoby is “Heir Apparent” for 2 years!

Mike
    Participant

Hate to see Pete go simply because he never complained (at least publicly) and seemed to be the consummate team player. Guys like that are great for the team, but who wants to stick around and be a backup in a system not designed for his skills? Class act Pete, and wish you well!

PackFamily
    Participant

JKL: Doeren said in a recent interview that hat he liked about Jalan McClendon was that he was similar to Jacoby. He could step right in and run the same offense if Jacoby went down. He could have meant 2015 but I don’t think so.

StateFans
    Keymaster

You gotta appreciate Thomas and wish him well in light of the bad luck he had with his transfer, etc.

I can’t help but think of a few wide open passes that he missed that would’ve made huge differences in the season — first and foremost the one vs Syracuse that would’ve gone for a TD.

I’m just glad that we are getting last year behind us.

Certainly don’t want to use McClendon’s redshirt year in 2014 if we can help it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.