Pennsylvania Columnist David Jones: “Louisville-NC State could pass for an NIT semifinal”

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pennsylvania Columnist David Jones: “Louisville-NC State could pass for an NIT semifinal”

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Penn Live Sports Columnist David Jones must live under a bridge somewhere on the Susquehanna River.  He’s certainly a troll nonpareil with his latest
    [See the full post at: Pennsylvania Columnist David Jones: “Louisville-NC State could pass for an NIT semifinal”]

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Epic butthurt!

Alpha – I hope it’s ok, I archived that link. I don’t want that crap getting page hits from us!

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

No worries, ’76. That was a great idea. Truly, I was amused by what that guy wrote. It takes skills to repeatedly insult both teams and the host city of a Sweet 16 in that low a word count.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

He’s playing to his home crowd. But I don’t understand how running State down would make ‘Nova fans feel better.

Oh well, no one ever said that today’s writers were very smart.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

LOL, it’s a claim I don’t make.

TheCOWDOG

Writers don’t have to be smart.

Who would read their work?

PackerInRussia
    Participant

He has a point about beating Nova. I mean, all they did was out-physical them, play good defense and score more points than they did. I mean, come on, anyone could do that. The other teams they played this year would have, they just didn’t feel like it.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Writers don’t have to be smart.

Who would read their work?

Ha!

nav
    Participant

Someone needs to get this article to Lacey. Ya’ll know he loves this stuff and more ammo for the team to get fired up for.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Epic butthurt!

Haha – my first thought when reading the article was “The butthurt is strong with this one.”

I love the archiving technique.

Wolfpack93
    Participant

and it’s something that 32 teams now sitting at home would like to be able to do

Unless my math is wrong, there are 52 teams sitting at home this weekend.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Good catch on that, Wolfpack93. I edited in the correction. Thanks.

BJD95
    Keymaster

If my “journalism” “career” left me stranded in the ass crack of Pennsylvania (aptly described as Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, with Alabama in between), I’d probably be plenty butthurt too.

/cues sad trombone

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

^ Yeah, they call it “Pennsyltucky” for good reason.

Last time I was in Harrisburg — 4-5 years ago — the locals were discovering country music like it was a new thing. (Seriously) I guess the 70’s called and wanted their knee high Adidas socks and disco music back so they had to find something “new.”

And no, I am not making that up. It really happened.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I love the archiving technique.

The article’s author probably wasn’t trolling for hits, but the cbs sports crowd and those of their ilk were/are at least ‘clever’ enough to know that State fans are so passionate they can make for easy clicks.

We start archiving that crap and cutting off a troll’s life blood and let’s see how many more shoddy hit pieces they churn out 😛 (not to mention that once archived those words are saved for eternity … the interwebz do not forget. The interwebz do not forgive.)

We’ll learn ’em.

Power to the consumer!

Pack78
    Participant

So, to take this clown’s ‘logic’ to heart, this means that his Nova Wildcats got knocked out in the NIT Quarters…

tractor57
    Participant

^this

wirogers
    Participant

OK, I have lived just east of Harrisburg in Lancaster County for 18 years (yes the Amish buggy goes by the house and no, the Amish Mafia does not exist). I have never heard or read anything by this gentleman. This area is not really a large Nova area. You have to understand, once you get 10 miles or less out of Philadelphia, with a small pocket around Pittsburgh, the rest of the Commonwealth’s toothless wonders only think there is one college in the area (Penn – Keep your boys out of the showers – State).

I thought I have lived in some bad places (I grew up close to College Park) and none of them are as bad as Pennsylvania.

PS: Mcallum is a toad liker

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

^ That’s absolutely the truth. Pretty much, everyone is a Penn State fan up there. I used to pick on them by asking them why it wasn’t called “Penn Commonwealth” instead of “Penn State.” Never joked about Sandusky or showers though. That would have been suicide.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Has anybody said don’t feed the trolls yet? Because don’t feed the trolls.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The NIT is obviously a much improved tournament…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    PapaJohn
    Participant

Sad, sad attempt at getting some attention

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.