Parents name child ‘Krimson Tyde’

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Parents name child ‘Krimson Tyde’

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tobaccordshow
    Keymaster

Link

Ugh. I have a boy to be born any day now. If I wanted to subject him to what it’s like to be a Pack fan, I’d name him Wolp Fack. That way, his name will match the disappointment that it so prevalent within Wolfpack Nation.

StateFans
    Keymaster

I watched the ESPN Gameday feature again this weekend that focused on the history of the signs at their Gameday broadcasts. The couple that named their first born ‘Espn’ is epic.

StateFans
    Keymaster

From Business Week magazine –

ESPN, Google and other ridiculous baby names

Just when you thought celebrities were the undisputed titleholders of “cruelest baby namers” around—see “Pilot Inspektor,” “Bronx Mowgli,” and “Audio Science”—BabyCenter released its annual list of the weirdest of the weird in American toddler monikers. On the male side, amid “Popeye,” “Burger,” and “Turbo,” the names of two companies cracked the list: “Google” and “Espn.”

For the survey, “nearly half a million” parents were asked the names of their newborns. In order to make the cut, names must be duplicated at least once. That means there are, at the very least, two infant Googles and two baby Espns living in America right now. (The former is slightly more believable because it’s an actual word, not an acronym, though “Eh-spen” does have a better ring to it than “Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.”)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.