Paper: Bobby Lutz leading candidate at App State

Home Forums All StateFansNation Paper: Bobby Lutz leading candidate at App State

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Would not be preferable for the NC State staff…but, you can’t help but want your assistants to get head coaching jobs. Link Bobby Lutz, associate he
    [See the full post at: Paper: Bobby Lutz leading candidate at App State]

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I’d hate to see Coach Lutz leave NC State, but if he has a chance to take over another program, I have nothing but best wishes for him and his future.

State is an attractive place for an assistant to come, and we may have one sitting at the ready: Julius Hodge. Hodge wants a job on the NC State bench and I think he would do a good job there. His example of hard work and dedication to fundamentals make him one of the best players we have had in Raleigh in the past 25 years and I would love it if he’d get it in the kids’ heads to practice their defensive footwork and free throws in their spare time.

Pack Leader
    Participant

His pregame planning defensively would be sorely missed but I’m too smart to know hes too good of a coach not to get good offers.

Not so sure there isnt a glass ceiling in Boone for basketball, hard to get top talent to spend 7months in the snow… IMO if he waits, a better job will come up when we have a fantastic year (ie next season?)

packbackr04
    Participant

7 months in the snow? come on…. its still NC. Sure it could snow in seven months out of the year but the next day its gonna be 65 so its not like living in Stoors, CT. Boone is a beautiful place with a ton of allure. Jerry Moore had a tough time recruiting there (rolls eyes like Rodney Dangerfield). The main things with Boone are its just tougher to get to. You cant really fly into their airport, so teams & and recruits would have to fly into winston/charlotte/ or tri-cities and then drive in. AND the real biggie, its not a huge TV market. So if we are to believe (I do) the shifting landscape of college football over the past few years is based primarily on # of TV sets then that is a limiting factor for Boone as well.

Lutz could make a winner out of App State, but will he be willing to take a pay cut to do so?

edit/disclaimer: I went to ASU undergrad, so I am biased.

Wulfpack
    Participant

IMO if he waits, a better job will come up when we have a fantastic year (ie next season?)

He has not been a head man for five years. Nobody of note was lining up to hire him after things fell apart at Charlotte. The idea that App is not a good enough job for him is incorrect. If that is the case, why did he pursue it? He obviously likes this area. There aren’t a boat load of jobs that come available, and when they do there is fierce competition for them.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^He may head to the mountains… but from here…
    …I ain’t feeling this… either way…

Doesn’t seem to be a lot of reasons to stay…
    or go…

.. just a feeling… IDK…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

UNCW just made their hire:

Louisville assistant Kevin Keatts has accepted the UNC-Wilmington job, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.

Keatts has been on Rick Pitino’s staff since 2011. The Cardinals have gone to two consecutive Final Four’s and won the national title a year ago.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… where there’s is “confusion”…. there’s “opportunity”…
    if the PTBs can see clearly…

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^What’s a PTB? And Bill, what did you allude to several weeks ago when posting the pic of Lutz on bench?

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

And why do we have a front page article and forum entry on this same topic?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^PTB => Powers That Be…

… still trying to figure that picture out… idk…

nav
    Participant

I hate to lose Coach Lutz but if we do,please God let us bring in a coach that can coach D!

Pack Leader
    Participant

Good hire by UNCW… Theres no excuse for that program not to be competitive.

I have always viewed ASU as a glass half-empty kinda school anyway. D2 school/program that views themself as D1. Beat Michigan once and one might get convinced football started in Boone…

No downtown, no nightlife, zero professional sports locally… Hard to get top talent to move there…

Rick
    Keymaster

And why do we have a front page article and forum entry on this same topic?

It automatically does that. It also puts all comments on both the column and the forum.

nav
    Participant

Coach Lutz is staying at NCSU according to a tweet by Coach Lutz.

YoungWolf17
    Participant

This is huge news for the program as whole. Lutz staying will help us keep up our recruiting momentum. Lutz is a top tier quality assistant coach and him staying also helps ensure that Rob Moxley won’t leave with him. GREAT news for State.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.