Pack9 Sweeps Deacs, Wins 9th Straight

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pack9 Sweeps Deacs, Wins 9th Straight

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Wolfpack Baseball, having already clinched the road series at Wake with a lopsided 19-1 win Friday night and a 3-2 nailbiter Saturday, came into Monda
    [See the full post at: Pack9 Sweeps Deacs, Wins 9th Straight]

YogiNC
    Participant

Some outstanding baseball last night. Fun to watch (and be able to watch). That Ratledge kid is becoming a beast. I’m glad Rodon is doing great in the bigs but it would have been monsterous for us to have him this year too. Pitching is everything. It’s funny we had more WF batters HBP than they had hits and we still managed a win.

Smarter than the average bear

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Great sweep. In good position now. I thought 4-2 in the last 6 games would be enough to ensure pool play in the ACC as well as a spot in the NCAA. I am pretty sure that one victory this weekend puts them in the NCAA for sure.

Keep up the winning streak. What is great to see is that they aren’t depending on one player only. Riley, Dunand, Ratledge, Fincher, Knizner, Palmeiro, etc. All have contributed to winning over the past few weeks. That is the mark of a good team and one that has bought in. Really impressive.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Listened to the Saturday game. We were REALLY lucky there. Quickly got Wake down with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. BUT, then, we beaned (or maybe walked one and beaned the other) two batters. So the tying run and the winning run were on base. BUT, we pulled it out and got the 3rd out.

Watched most of the game last night. Again, we seemed to try to give it away. Even my wife commented that a more experienced team (WF) would easily have converted. We had a miffed fly ball to the outfield. THEN we decided to load up the bases….with NO outs (memory)…I admit to yelling at Foxhall loud enough to be heard in WS. THEN proceeded to get 3 out and avoid that little potential for a 4 run (GS homer). Exciting….but really….do we NEED this much?

We seem like a pretty solid team…..but we lose focus. Hope that all the maturity that we seem to have developed (maybe Elliott is learning from Gottfried…..loose some and build character and experience) will stay with us.

We need fewer mistakes (and charged “errors”) to be competitive….

Gotta play the Louisville gang….They are 40 & 12 (Conf 23 & 4) and we are 30 & 18 (Conf 14 & 12)….according to TheACC.com Standings. Fortunately, the 3 game stint is in Good Old (new) Doak Field…

GO PACK….just need to tighten up and play with poise and experience.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Could someone with better knowledge than me (that’s most of you) explain what the deal is with Piedmonte? That’s the second time where I’ve seen him get pulled very quickly/early (allowing a few runners in early innings) and O’Donnell has come in and given up a few runs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.