#Pack18 signing day

Home Forums StateFans Football #Pack18 signing day

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

includes 3 4-stars from this area and 2 from NJ. 21 of 22 commits sign with 22nd reportedly signing in Feb with HS classmates. Seems legit.
    http://www.gopack.com/news/2017/12/19/football-pack18-signing-day.aspx?path=football

Pack78
    Participant

Wonder if Palmer, the 4-star CB Dook decommit, is a possibility…

Greywolf
    Participant

Wonder if Palmer, the 4-star CB Dook decommit, is a possibility…

Could be and we have 4 CBs signed on #Pack18 already. Still a 4-star corner would be hard to turn down IF he approached us. The staff is likely looking for recruits who fill needs.

albunde55
    Participant

21 out of 22 on early signing day. Will have to give credit to DD and his staff. I thought that 1 or 2 of Payton Wilson’s teammates were targets? Would take Palmer, if he wants to come to state. Corners can become safeties, safeties can become linebackers. Can’t teach speed or size.

Pack78
    Participant

From the Wolfpacker:

@TheWolfpacker
    Players enrolling early at NC State are: Joe Babros, Joseph Boletepeli, Christopher Dunn, De’Von Graves, Kishawn Miller, Ricky Person, Jalynn Strickland and Payton Wilson.

ryebread
    Participant

Good class. It was nice to see Leary sign. We now have a succession plan for QB. It is nice t see the 4 stars, but it was also nice to see kids that contributed at the larger high schools. I tend to think that translates better than kids that put up gaudy stats at smaller schools, playing against smaller schools. In basketball the AAU circuit, traveling tournaments, etc. help vet whether a small school kid is ready for the big time. In football it is much harder to tell.

Greywolf
    Participant

Good class. It was nice to see Leary sign. We now have a succession plan for QB. It is nice t see the 4 stars, but it was also nice to see kids that contributed at the larger high schools. I tend to think that translates better than kids that put up gaudy stats at smaller schools, playing against smaller schools. In basketball the AAU circuit, traveling tournaments, etc. help vet whether a small school kid is ready for the big time. In football it is much harder to tell.

Good comments especially the potential for kids that contributed at larger high schools.

Leary reportedly skipped baseball this spring to bulk up for football. He was 3-time All-State, 3-time state champion, Nike Elite 11 QB, and the Army AA bowl. Trent Dilfer, coach at the Elite 11, says that at an NFL 1 on 1 Leary would look like he belonged. In a high-light vid he escaped from a sack and took it 60 yards to the house. IOW he’s not a running QB but he can run when necessary.

The only problem I see is with the succession plan. Leary doesn’t seem like the kind of kid who will lay back and wait his turn. In a competition for QB we’d have a real battle. Good thing he’s not registering early.

And Leary may not be our best recruit. Payton Wilson who flipped from EweNC is the LB we’ve missed for so long now. Played RB, QB and WR as well as LB for his HS. Also State champion wrestler. Yes, Mr. DD and staff done real good this year with this 24th rated class.

I need to go calm down and take my Geritol.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Greywolf, you know that expressing enthusiasm for the Pack is strictly verboten.

Greywolf
    Participant

Greywolf, you know that expressing enthusiasm for the Pack is strictly verboten.

I’m pretty sure it’s just Wolfpack football. But I think you are right. The better the Pack does, the fewer the comments. Most Wolfpack football fans have flown the SFN coop.

That’s too bad, really. There used to be quite a few here. As a matter of fact this used to be a great site for discussing State sports.

It’s still my favorite site for discussing maters, food, gardening, etc.

YogiNC
    Participant

This season hasn’t finished yet and I want ’em to strap on those pads and go at it again. Come on TED (Roof) make us a defensive juggernaut

Smarter than the average bear

Greywolf
    Participant

This season hasn’t finished yet and I want ’em to strap on those pads and go at it again. Come on TED (Roof) make us a defensive juggernaut

Yogi, this is the icing on 2018 recruiting. I can hardly believe we got Ted Roof for a DC.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.