#Pack15 Football Recruiting Update

Home Forums All StateFansNation #Pack15 Football Recruiting Update

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bsim412
    Participant

Football recruiting is somewhat quiet right now but will pick up next weekend. Recruiting is currently in a dead period and next week is the first wee
    [See the full post at: #Pack15 Football Recruiting Update]

Gowolves
    Participant

Quick question and I used to know how this works, but how does the early enrolled players effect the number of scholarships this year and next. How many scholarships do we have for this year and what is our tentative number for next year?

redisgood
    Participant

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

I’m hearing there may be some academic issues with Hughes and that’s why he didn’t enroll early. I have also heard our staff has moved off him. Unsure of the reliability of these reports though.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Glad Roseboro is enrolled. Thanks for the update.

JackWolf
    Keymaster

Quick question and I used to know how this works, but how does the early enrolled players effect the number of scholarships this year and next. How many scholarships do we have for this year and what is our tentative number for next year?

The number of scholarships is hard to predict with transfers and walk-ons getting scholarships etc.

If players enroll early they can but dont have to count towards the previous class.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Early enrollees can count against either year…assuming that you didn’t use all of the total or annual scholarships for the current school year.

JackWolf
    Keymaster

I’m hearing there may be some academic issues with Hughes and that’s why he didn’t enroll early. I have also heard our staff has moved off him. Unsure of the reliability of these reports though.

Yea 99.9% done with Hughes. He’s always had academic issues but I’m wondering if UNC is being a little less lenient with those now.

Also to mention. Evan Kelley a All-Conference DT from Richmond is rumored to be transferring to NC State. He would have 1 year to play 1 and has been very productive in the CAA.

Gowolves
    Participant

Thanks JW, VW82

redisgood
    Participant

Well, quiet or not, we just picked up a new guy. Ford Howell who was a commitment for us in 2013, but ended up going to Wake Forest is now back with us. He spent a year in between at a community college, so he should be eligible to play right away. He is already enrolled, and is a 6’1′ 240ish linebacker.

redisgood
    Participant
    PapaJohn
    Participant

Great update, thank you!
    Ford Howell – Great football name, got to be a great player!!

PittsburghPackFan
    Participant

Ford Howell – Great football name, got to be a great player!!

I know this guy agrees:

Ford Fairlane

Pack92
    Participant

Howell reminds me of a young Audie Cole. Good but not great speed that he makes up for by seeing where the ball is going. More importantly, it looks like the ball carrier goes backward more often than not. He hits with energy.

Welcome to the Pack Mr. Howell!

eas
    Participant

Other than him being on the small side, Jakobi looks pretty impressive as a QB. He scrambles well and seems to have a strong arm.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.