Pack welcomes St. Francis – Game thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Pack welcomes St. Francis – Game thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

^Wufpacker ….

2 or 3 will transfer after the season for lack of playing time… that’s all Coach’s fault right?

Well, at least two will go early entry. But your point is well taken. There’s a way to handle these guys and PT. Shortening the bench to 7 won’t do it. Hopefully Gott realizes this.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Share the wealth.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Well, at least two will go early entry. But your point is well taken. There’s a way to handle these guys and PT. Shortening the bench to 7 won’t do it. Hopefully Gott realizes this.

With the PT Kirk and Hicks are getting, I feel like he realizes.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Wonder what this team would look like with Anthony leading them?

yes… I’m in a pissy mood today… dont know why… must be the cold rain….

Defense today sucked… we should have held these guys to 35….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

^^ Yeah I was thinking (hoping?) that as well. And I forgot about Kirk. My bad.
    We got talent enough to be really really good. Just gotta get comfortable with one another. I expect some really ugly losses at times. But hopefully by year’s end we’ll have something.

pakfanistan
    Participant

^^ Yeah I was thinking (hoping?) that as well. And I forgot about Kirk. My bad.
    We got talent enough to be really really good. Just gotta get comfortable with one another. I expect some really ugly losses at times. But hopefully by year’s end we’ll have something.

We still haven’t seen this team full strength….

Wufpacker
    Participant

yes… I’m in a pissy mood today… dont know why….

Because I defiled your daughter yesterday? 😉
    (sorry…couldn’t resist…you know I love ya)

But agreed bill, lotsa room for improvement on both sides, but still won by 25. Cheer up, my man.

pakfanistan
    Participant

How can we still not shoot 3s?

Wait, correction, how can we still not make 3s?

We seem to shoot them just fine…………….

Wufpacker
    Participant

We still haven’t seen this team full strength….

Agreed. I am officially guardedly optimistic. Or at least optimistically curious. But being a Pack fan….well, you know where I’m going with that probably. LMAO.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^that’s not it…

2/3 of my families including all the younguns are still acting and talking stupid after the election.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Coach on the radio confirms…
    Mav GOTT hit twice in the head friday night… has a concussion…
    may travel next weekend….

pakfanistan
    Participant

2/3 of my families including all the younguns are still acting and talking stupid after the election.

Tell us about it in the pol thread.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Paky — you said over there, I already said too much…

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Man, Kapita was a revelation. And today was the first time I’ve heard it pronounced. I always read it as KAP-ita. Not Ka-PITA, like pita bread. Or Peeta if you’re a Hunger Games fan (resisting urge to make BeeJay Anya joke…). I know it’s only one game, but he seemed to make a statement, and the statement was: if you’re gonna earn PT, you’re going to have to work harder than me.
    Would be interesting to see a percentage of minutes played by players not on the floor last year.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I don’t want us to sacrifice the best we can be THIS year by giving out undeserved PT in attempt to optimize for next season. This year is IT. This is the best personnel we’ve had in a long time and we’ll be losing a lot of talent to the draft next year regardless. If folks get pissy and transfer then they get pissy and they transfer.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m of the opinion Kapita earned a starting spot for our game Friday against Montana.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^that’s not it…

Understood bill. Didn’t mean to sound flippant.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

NP… humor is generally good medicine for what ails ya…

that’s wasn’t one of my girls…
    I was f’ing with yall…

:>}

Gowolves
    Participant

When Ted got the green light I had a feeling he would add some grit and effort to the mix.

Wufpacker
    Participant

NP… humor is generally good medicine for what ails ya…

that’s wasn’t one of my girls…
    I was f’ing with yall…

:>}

Yes, I knew that. Or at least hoped it. 😉

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

My three girls are all better looking and smarter…
    one of them even graduated from NCState.

Wufpacker
    Participant

And yet I still have no reason why you’ve yet to introduce me????
    (looks in mirror)
    Oh yeah, never mind.
    😉

McCallum
    Participant

Let this be my first notice to watch Hoosiers.

McCallum

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^Agree with McCallum. After two games, I’m underwhelmed and unexcited already. Potential is sky high but we lack intensity and focus. I don’t doubt we’ll improve and be playing our best basketball in March if everyone stays healthy and no schisms develop. But won’t most everyone else? That has nothing to do with playing time, coming back from injury or transfer, or experience playing together, but everything to do with preparation and coaching. Maximize strengths, minimize weaknesses.

No surprise, defensively we look indifferent and incapable at times. Offensively, shot selection is still an issue as with all Gott teams. We will win plenty and probably slither into the tournament. We won’t play fast enough because we don’t defend well enough in half court, or rebound well enough to get out into transition, and we won’t routinely use pressure–traps or presses–to speed up tempo and increase our scoring opportunities despite the fact that we have a bench that would enable us to do this. So far, I have little confidence in Gott’s use of bench and oncourt combinations.

choppack1
    Participant

Whiteshoes – that is my concern as well.

That said, the year is young and we are integrating pretty much an entirely new lineup. Of course, this being 2016 – that’s pretty much how half of the elite teams play these days. We have seen what Gott is capable of with decent talent, but we haven’t had a chance to see what he can do with elite athletes that he has chosen.

To me, this is all about answering the question of his ceiling. Likewise, if Dd can win one of his next 2, it will reveal same about our football coach next year.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.