Pack vs. Noles

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Pack vs. Noles

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Gowolves
    Participant

Pack9 has a big series here in Raleigh starting tomorrow. I am no where the expert in baseball but I have played the game and love it on every level. The Noles have much patience at the plate and the Pack have to throw strikes early in the count and play good defense to have a chance to win the series. If Dr. Badger is out there lurking or Wufpacker as well please add to the thread and give some context. Just playing this series will increase the RPI rating. If they can take the series it will go along way in getting in the NCAA. The Pack are coming off a win at Charlotte and playing well of late. What are the keys to taking the series? FSU does have some injuries on their pitching staff. All games are on TV or streating on ESPN3.

Go Pack!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

The temperature is such that I am tempted to break my vow of reclusehood, at least when the NCAAT is not interfered with.

I hear tell that yoga pants are a thing amongst a certain subset of attendees.

TheCOWDOG

Well….no harm in promoting, but game 1 just got off to the start. Tomorrow 6:30, Sat 2:00, no Easter Sunday game.

Wuf is preoccupied at Doak, and DBP ain’t comin’ back because of some moronic takes in here over the last few years. He does not suffer fools.

Fincher is a ballplayer’s ballplayer.

tjfoose1
    Participant

How crowded? I might head over there in the later innings.

tjfoose1
    Participant

No ESPN3 coverage, but I can watch Wright St vs Illinois-Chicago.

TheCOWDOG

‘Foose…I couldn’t make this one, but I’d bet…no problem for a 6:00 Th.game.

Pack78
    Participant

GoPack has a free live stream…

tjfoose1
    Participant

Thx. I had planned on catching on my TV via watchESPN + Chromecast. Guess I should’ve actually checked ESPN’s schedule first.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Thanks ’78.

And via Youtube too. Excellent. Working perfectly.

TheCOWDOG

BTW, Gowolves. I didn’t mean to sound like an asshat,if it came off that way.

That’s the spirit, boy!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Tomorrow is a live possibility. Score updates, tonight? I have teh CIT/NIT fever!!

tjfoose1
    Participant

Well, that’s one way to lose. Get the lead in the late innings, bring in your bullpen, then have ’em promptly bean 3 batters to load the bases.

BJD95
    Keymaster

NCSSS (NC State Spring Shit!)

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yup, tough way to lose.

And I owe Corey Wilder an apology as I blamed him for the 3 straight plunks, even if only privately. Forgot O’Donnell had come in. I guess I was preoccupied by my olfactories. Nolette sniffing is probably not an accepted defense, however I do highly recommend it anyway.

Pack outplayed Noles by a good margin tonight, but breaks kept them from scratching out enough tallies.

Gowolves
    Participant

CD, no worries here. I posted in a rush and it shows. Just wanted to get something up since spring is around the corner. Got opening day tickets to the Bulls on the 15th (home opener). Can’t wait!!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

CD, no worries here. I posted in a rush and it shows.

You let him off too easy.

Strange that there was no ESPN3. Was scheduled to be and I even double checked last night and it was showing on “Upcoming”. Tomorrow and Saturday are also, right now at least. Guess we’ll see.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Lost Game Two 1-0.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yup, another fine pitching performance, this one by Brian Brown. But Pack couldn’t push one across.

10 straight series losses to FSU now, incl five at home. Those sorry such n such’s.

Need to salvage one tomorrow if at all possible. 7-7 way better than 6-8 with Carolina, UVa and ‘Ville still looming.

mikeD
    Participant

Anyone else notice the title of the gopack game 1 summary said “6 game winning streak broken”? Pretty sure that should have been 7. Give the team some credit!

mikeD
    Participant

*Just kidding – someone must have already corrected them. It read 6 yesterday while I was at work.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Beautiful day at Doak. Pack up 5-2 after 5.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Man, that game yesterday was a tough one to lose. A game of inches. A few inches (maybe slightly more) out of reach and they score the winning run on a blooper in shallow outfield in the early early innings. They had some great defensive moments including two throw-outs from the catcher and a run-saving double play. They blew some opportunities on offense – bases loaded with one out for example! C’est la baseball. Hopefully it gave them a bit of a confidence booster at least. A series win would have been nicer, though.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I did my part today. When I left, the Pack was up half a dozen in the 8th.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Your early exit and subsequent mojo imbalancing was nearly costly.

11-7 final.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.