Our 1st 2015 Basketball Commitment

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Our 1st 2015 Basketball Commitment

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Shaun Kirk, a 2015 3 star small forward from Whiteville HS has committed to play for the Pack. Apart from the commitment, it is worth noting he is a Team Loaded teammate of two 5 star 2016 recruits we have a great shot at getting, Dennis Smith Jr, and Bam Adebayo.

redisgood
    Participant

I think if you did a bit of homework on the guy you would (or should) feel differently. Excellent athlete, good shooter, and has really come on strong. His 3 star was more a result of him not knowing if he would classify in the 2015 or 2016 class. Many schools have come after him recently.

Great pickup in my opinion.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Great pickup in my opinion.

Agreed.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Well let’s not bash the kid, potential recruits are reading these forums 😉 I don’t know what that means as far as lineups. Are we starting Henderson at the 2, Caleb at the 3, and then sticking Kirk in there to backup Caleb? I’d still like to get a PG.

TheCOWDOG

I thought you guys were gonna bounce this asshat.

Actually…keep him, and bounce my ass.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I thought you guys were gonna bounce this asshat.

Actually…keep him, and bounce my ass.

Noooooooo

Wufpacker
    Participant

3. He wasnt sitting, he was passed out on the floor of the ATL airport

Actually, yes, he was sitting. Then a later (or maybe earlier, doesn’t matter) photo showed him apparently sleeping on the floor in an obviously crowded terminal. Describing him as “passed out” is intentionally throwing an overly negative spin on a situation of which you nor I have any additional knowledge to make such a call. In other words, don’t act surprised when your overly negative interpretation of things elicits a response from others.

As far as any party line to which you refer, that’s laughable. At least around these parts.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well, this thread suddenly just got a whole lot shorter. I thought I was having a stroke when I hit refresh. 😀

pacman23
    Participant

Well, this thread suddenly just got a whole lot shorter. I thought I was having a stroke when I hit refresh. :D

It’s certainly refreshing to come back to this topic now. 🙂

Hopefully this is not the end of the good news for the Pack’s 2015 BB recruiting. I read earlier today that Kirk was likely going to Wake, so Gott pulled a rabbit out the hat again. I know we’re hoping to get George Papagiannis and I suspect that we’re going to bring in a guard via grad student/transfer. We may not be getting the big names – for now, but sounds like 2016 could be a monster class.

redisgood
    Participant
      Yes, a big thanks to SFN for the thread “cleansing”.

I don’t think Kirk will make much of a contribution this year, at least not early, but it’s great to add to the depth which was getting a little shaky. He will definitely be a good contributor down the road. If we can get some kind of decent combo guard from somewhere, I’ll feel much better about next year. The 7 footer from Greece is also still a possibility.

Fastback68
    Participant

NFW! Hasenpferfer again. 🙂

Rick
    Keymaster

I am thrilled to have this kid. Welcome to the Pack. A grad transfer guard would be a nice bandaid for the Lacer departure.

I am assuming the poster who threw up that absurd airport thread was at it again. I am glad someone cleansed him as I would have if they had not.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/college-basketball-s-draft-declaration-winners-and-losers-141125100.html

A top five list you do not want to make is this one. We are in great company with UVA, Florida and Kentucky 😉

BJD95
    Keymaster

Frenchie was also a young/reclassified 3-star who made an earlier impact than expected. So, welcome!

Speaking of the Gators, I read in this morning’s fishwrap they just had a senior guard transfer announcement. No idea if he’s any good at all, but “plays guard” and “experienced, live D-1 body” is fine with me at this point.

Fastback68
    Participant

^ Eli Carter 2 years at Rutgers then Gators. One and done. Yes, please if he is the best option out there.

WTNY
    Participant

Kentucky offered Kirk as well

BJD95
    Keymaster

I don’t think we wait on “best” – if he’s a reasonable option and not an asshat, sign him up. No time to be a riverboat gambler.

redisgood
    Participant

The Kentucky offer has me a little nervous. Hopefully Gott gets his signature on an LOI quickly.

BassPacker
    Participant

Looks like Gott has 4 possible transfers interested in State. I have mixed feelings about bringing in tranfers on a regular bases. One it discourages possible freshman commits but on the other hand, like Henderson, it will fill a void quickly due to graduation or early departures.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/insider/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list

freshmanin83
    Participant

While Kirk may or may not be able to start soon, he looks like he could be good at providing a spark off the bench.

Rick
    Keymaster

Looks like Gott has 4 possible transfers interested in State. I have mixed feelings about bringing in tranfers on a regular bases. One it discourages possible freshman commits but on the other hand, like Henderson, it will fill a void quickly due to graduation or early departures.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/insider/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list

We are well down the rabbit hole of depending on transfers. The question remains, is Gott ahead of the curve on capitalizing on the transfer trend or is he hurting his freshman recruiting?
    I would say a bit of both.

redisgood
    Participant

The Kentucky offer has me a little nervous. Hopefully Gott gets his signature on an LOI quickly.

Update: Kirk is going to evaluate the Kentucky offer. (It’s never easy being a Wolfpack fan)

ncsu_kappa
    Participant

I only saw two names with NC State the UNC A Guard and the Cleveland State guard. Who else did i miss? The UNCA guard will be a touch sell if he has to sit a year then compete with hopefully Dennis Smith and Cat in 2016. The Cleveland State guard is a one and done but will he want to come into a situation where he is a back up for a year but in a much better league.

We will see if Gott will figure it out though

Glad to see everyone is so high on Kirk. I hope he plays well for us.

WTNY
    Participant

Update: Kirk is going to evaluate the Kentucky offer. (It’s never easy being a Wolfpack fan)

Obviously the biased opinion of a State fan, but are non-5 stars wise to go to Kentucky? You ARE going to get recruited over, probably 3 times.

Rick
    Keymaster

Obviously the biased opinion of a State fan, but are non-5 stars wise to go to Kentucky? You ARE going to get recruited over, probably 3 times.

I was thinking the same thing. You are going to ride the bench behind a new c rop of 5 stars every year. But I am sure the allure of Kentucky is strong.

redisgood
    Participant

I agree. And to compound the situation, I strongly suspect Calipari is motivated more by his hopes to land Kirk’s teammates DS Jr. and Bam Bam rather than the kid’s talent.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.