One More Week

Home Forums All StateFansNation One More Week

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

but it is kind of a slap to the face of those low major auto-qualifiers.

They suck and yet get good money for getting their butts beat. Plus they’re ending the season the same way it started. What’s to complain about?

tjfoose1
    Participant

… but I personally don’t remember them ever choking and simultaneously laying an egg like what we saw this past weekend.

There were a few, but not many. Think Murray State (but that brings up other ‘issues’) and potentially any game that had Kenny Drummond in the line up.

Then the 1989 ACC tourney debacle of #1 Wolfpack vs #8 (and last place) Maryland. NC State had 3 first team All ACC players (Corch, Monroe, Chucky) while Maryland had only one conference win. To this day, baffling… only thing I can attribute it to is the combo of the exhausting triple OT game the week before against Wake and the breaking of the “Personal Fouls” story.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

What’s to complain about?

Nothing.

I meant in the context of being placed in the round of 64 as opposed to a play-in round. That’s all. Your point is valid.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Just some info for next week’s bubble watch….After that miserable performance on Sat, State dropped from 27 to 30 on the Dance Card.

Not as big a drop as I feared. Since the Dance Criteria doesn’t include “bad losses” (or at least didn’t the last time they listed their criteria), the drop is probably just teams moving past State.

Tau837
    Participant

IMO:

Out:
    3 more losses = 100% out, even if we make ACC tournament final
    Less than 2 more wins

In:
    Win ACC tournament
    2+ more wins, regardless of which ones

I don’t see us winning the ACC tournament, so it’s very simple. Win at least 2 more games.

choppack1
    Participant

Close – I was going to bring up umd but didn’t include because we didn’t need that game to make the tournament. It probably did result in us being 4/5 that year vs 2-3.

But that’s what was so disgusting about the BC game. You have a chance to turn the corner and you blow it. This is showing up 15 minutes late for your follow up interview. I could understand it if we shot 33% and BC shot 37% and won because of a lucky break or if BC was a good team.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Through 3 TV timeouts in WNY, and Wahoowa has exactly…two points. TWO.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wow, ugly indeed. Glad I missed the first 13 mins.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Their D is so solid that they can withstand that kind of start.

BJD95
    Keymaster

And Wahoowa LEADS by 3 at the half. Strange but true.

Importantly for the bubble, Baylor up 7 on Texas, which would kill the Horns dead for sure.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Hoos win the league regular season crown for the second year in a row. That’s a good program by any measure.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Hoos win the league regular season crown for the second year in a row. That’s a good program by any measure.

B-b-b-but the oooooffeeeeennsseeee.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Haha … Texas has rallied and has the ball, tied game 28 seconds left

Wulfpack
    Participant

I’ll take three championships and 28 wins over the sexy offense any day of the week. And they’ve been doing it without their best player on the floor. Scary good basketball team.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Texas-Baylor FIGHT!

Actually, not really – but a scuffle is going to cause a 10 minute delay.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Also, Virginia’s offensive efficiency has sky-rocketed this season and last … pace of play hasn’t though 🙂

I really don’t have a problem with the way they play, just sometimes causes eye vomit (for me).

Wulfpack
    Participant

The thing about UVa is they are still scoring points. They are just uber efficient at how they do it, always finding the best possible shot.

And when you look at the physicality of some of their guys, you immediately know they aren’t some slow/non-athletic team that has to hold the ball. That strength and conditioning program is doing the job.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bubble just got bigger. Texas wins in Round 3.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Anybody up for BC and Va Tech? Me not.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Anybody up for BC and Va Tech? Me not.

House of Cards time for me

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’ll take three championships and 28 wins over the sexy offense any day of the week. And they’ve been doing it without their best player on the floor. Scary good basketball team.

Virginia only has one championship in recent history.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Depends upon if one counts reg season 1st place finish as “reg season championship”. I personally don’t, but two years running is still nothing to dismiss as unimpressive.

Coach Abatemarco
    Participant

Damn u Baylor. Texas hanging by a thread on the bubble waiting for state to screw up. No pressure pack the next two games are huge. I think tony Bennett is one of the best coaches at adapting during the game in the biz after watching syracuse game. I would love nothing more to see them beat kentucky in the tourney. As far as house of cards goes it is a civics and economics teachers dream. I love some frank undwrwoood!!

Die hard state fan from the crystal coast!

choppack1
    Participant

How do uva’s players have any zip? Are they not tired??

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.