NYT factually inaccurate in article – Dean Smith’s shadow looming over scandal

Home Forums All StateFansNation NYT factually inaccurate in article – Dean Smith’s shadow looming over scandal

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Yes, and from what I get…the revised NOA will contain a bit more than what UNx expected.

The NCAA is going to punch them square in the mouth, but what was expected for Spring, will most likely come heading into the Fall semester.

That is simply unbelievable. If they would have just admitted wrong doing from the get go then 2 things would have happened. The ncaa would have swooped in and give them minor penalties and all of this stuff would stop coming out. But no they fought and denied so I think the big guns are going to drop on them. My UNC friends/family swear UNC is going to sue (for what they cannot tell me) if the NCAA obliterates them.

TheCOWDOG

^ Tell your friend that a suit would be a wonderful thing. Imagine the treasure trove of supoenaed info THAT would garner.

ncsu1987
    Participant

^Yes, everything takes on a whole new level when Bibles, judges, juries and sworn testimony are involved. But all of that PALES in comparison to the fun we’d have with DISCOVERY. UNx is doing everything in their power to delay while negotiating – wearing down the NCAA and trying to water down the eventual sanctions. The degree to which they are successful, which I believe will be far less than their trust fund kids think, will decide how happy we are with the results.

But they will avoid a real lawsuit like the plague.

I hear this from UNx supporters all the time. Just tell them like I do – “yes, please, please use any juice you have, any influence of any kind, to push administrators, Ram’s Club honchos, anybody in the direction of a lawsuit. Please, please do that!”

McCallum
    Participant

As stated before:

Nixon lied, Ginger Lynn faked and el deano cheated.

Peace out

McCallum

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.